Fish: Cowboys plan trade for best player in draft. Kayvon Thibodeaux?

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I’m thinking they only move up outside the top 10-12 picks
Yeah you would have to give up next’s years 1 to get in the top 10 from 24 probably. I would keep an eye on Carolina to move down though. Not just Dallas but others.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
It makes sense, that jerry might try to do this, as he likes war daddys !
Law is not doing it, and Randy left him, so I can see where he wants another war daddy.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
New York Jets 2022 NFL Draft Picks:
Round 1: No. 4

Round 1: No. 10 (from SEA)

Round 2: No. 35

Round 2: No. 38 (from CAR)

Round 3: No. 69

Round 4: No. 111 (from CAR)

Round 4: No. 117 (from MIN)

Round 5: No. 146

Round 5: No. 163 (from PIT)

Rumor is the Niners are asking for 10 and 35 for Deebo. If that's the case I think my proposal should be amended.

Cowboys Receive: the 4th overall pick and the 35th overall pick.

Jets Receive: Lamb, 24th overall pick, and the 88th overall pick.

The Cowboys would be able to draft a WR at 35 without moving up and giving up additional assets. They could still address the o-line at 56. Jets would still have a ton of assets. Obviously this trade would be far less risky if they just held on to Amari Cooper.

LOL............you must be another Cooper cry baby.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Fish is back spreading more "Breaking News" from an "inside source" who says the Cowboys are seriously considering trading up to get what they feel is the best player in the draft: Edge rusher Kayvon Thibodeaux.

Can you imagine what it would cost the Cowboys to trade up from their #24 spot all the way into the top 5 spots to get Kayvon Thibodeaux? Or even to trade for him once he's picked by another team drafting in the top 5? Would Thibodeaux be worth such a cost?

What say you?

:popcorn:

Jags are desperate to move out of the #1 spot...it may not cost as much as one would think.

Flamma

Reaction score
How is he wrong? He just reports. He isn't saying that they are going to do this.

People probably didn't watch the video. He's only suggesting Dallas might do it if he falls far enough that it only costs them an extra 2nd.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I like Thibodeaux but I think it’ll be cost prohibitive to move up to where you’ll need to grab him (Top 5-6).

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It'd be so Cowboys to stumble upon an elite pass rusher and then after his rookie year mortgage the future to acquire a guy to phase out that elite pass rusher.

Landryhat73

Reaction score
Think they only trade up if it cost them the 1st and 2nd, maybe a 5th or something like a 3rd or 4th next year. Don't know how high that gets them but supposedly its cheaper this year because everyone wants to move down. I would take something like this for Thibodeaux, don't know if Atlanta would.

Atlanta 8th - Thibodeaux For Dallas 24th, 56th, 167th and next years 3rd or 4th.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Just another "let's get Dallas talk started even though they're basically irrelevant in this draft picking at #24" or "we need instant hits/clicks. Let's figure out how to involve the Cowboys in a potential trade for one of the best defensive pass rushers in the draft" or "I'm (Fish) out of ideas. Let me start my speculation machine going. Thibodeaux. Cowboys. Trade. Buy my content for more details."

Yawn!

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Just another "let's get Dallas talk started even though they're basically irrelevant in this draft picking at #24" or "we need instant hits/clicks. Let's figure out how to involve the Cowboys in a potential trade for one of the best defensive pass rushers in the draft" or "I'm (Fish) out of ideas. Let me start my speculation machine going. Thibodeaux. Cowboys. Trade. Buy my content for more details."

Yawn!

it was reported from Dane brugler and fish basically took what Dane said and spoke it about it himself. Either way I don’t see it happening.

Proof

Reaction score
LOL.

Zero chance this happens. Zero.

They'd have to gut their entire draft pool of picks to make it happen. For what? A toolsy but somewhat raw DE?

not relevant, but i love the term toolsy lol

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Julio trade was not that bad. It was a first and a second plus next season’s one. I would do that trade in second for the next Parsons.
Plus two 4th-rounders, one from the current year and one from the following year. It worked out pretty well for them, but it was a lot.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Plus two 4th-rounders, one from the current year and one from the following year. It worked out pretty well for them, but it was a lot.
Can you remember the players that Cleveland ended up drafting? The Browns were such a dumpster fire back then. They would always have two draft choices and blow both of them.:laugh::facepalm:

Croomraider

Reaction score
The guy looks the part but his production on tape doesn't fit the bill!
I need to see the tape to risk that much in a trade. His 2021 was not good.