Twitter: Fish: Cowboys tried to trade up as high as 6

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I know, but he's quoting Stephen........

But something's off ........we've heard Parson was their guy at 10. I suppose it could be he was their 3rd after Horn and/or Surtain. The only question, if you thought enough to of them to move to 6, then why not 7, 8, or 9?

Verdict

Reaction score
I don’t think that’s what he meant by that statement, but maybe I’m wrong.

plymkr

Reaction score
I'm glad we didn't trade up. We need quantity as well as quality. The draft is a gamble on every player. I'd rather gamble with 11 picks than 5 or 6.

11 new players vs 5 or 6 new players. I'll take 11 new guys and who knows how they'll develop

Mookie

Reaction score
Parsons > Surtain.

We got the best linebacker in the past three years and we have a DC that knows how to make them scary good. Our defense just went from okay, to great immediately. Cornerbacks can play scheme and be successful as long as you have linebackers these good. It's like Bill Parcells used to say, "I love linebackers, I love to collect them." Well we just got the best and BP would love him.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I call BS on this. Dallas waited to see how things fell. Give them credit for not making a panic move.
Jerry even said, they had talks with Philly for the last few days about this trade. Depending what players were there, or not there, for each team.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Parsons > Surtain.

We got the best linebacker in the past three years and we have a DC that knows how to make them scary good. Our defense just went from okay, to great immediately. Cornerbacks can play scheme and be successful as long as you have linebackers these good. It's like Bill Parcells used to say, "I love linebackers, I love to collect them." Well we just got the best and BP would love him.

We can still use another LB. I am not sold on Gifford and Bernard as depth. Werner or Browning or both would be great. Add a CB and S and DT as well.

chicago JK

Reaction score
Moving up for either corner would have been a massive mistake.

If the Corners were their main targets at 10, this front office did a disservice with all their talking pre draft. Both went before 10, but they had Big red blinking CB on both of their foreheads.

I want to believe they were ok with either CB at 10, but were playing other teams and were also trying to see if they could move back and add a pick. But then I realize who I am talking about.

So I am glad they didn't move up. We will see if they are right on Parsons. A few stud DT and a good safety and CB would help. This defense still needs a lot of help.

NorthTexan95

Reaction score
I'm sure they made calls about moving up but quickly decided not to due to the price. Thank goodness they didn't replicate the Mo Claiborne mistake.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

But something's off ........we've heard Parson was their guy at 10. I suppose it could be he was their 3rd after Horn and/or Surtain. The only question, if you thought enough to of them to move to 6, then why not 7, 8, or 9?

I like both Horn and Surtain alot, but that is a move I make for a Denzel Ward or Jaylon Ramsey level prospect. Horn and Surtain arent in that tier

McKDaddy

Reaction score
why would you try to move up in this draft if your primary needs are defensive? & why would you have to call to know the price? you would know the approximate price without a call. the only question would be is whether the team would be willing.
Geez, this team can create some of the craziest narratives.

DFWJC

Reaction score

It sounds like they inquired about it, which is always a good idea.
Fishes mistake is thinking it was for Parsons...or the CBs

I feel sure it was to get ahead of Detroit to land Sewell.