Twitter: Fish is Confused

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

adamknite

Reaction score
Just because we had somebody rated higher than another player doesn't mean we value the player over the other. We valued Horn more than we valued Parsons despite the fact we had Parsons as having a better "rating."

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Parsons IS the top Defensive player now that Lee retired. Dallas needs to let LVE walk. Not worth the $$.

FiveSuperBowls

Reaction score
Not sure why this is confusing to Fish. Two or more things can be equally true: 1) Parsons could have been the Cowboys top-rated defensive player; 2) they viewed CB as a more critical position of need; and 3) they could have viewed the drop off in talent steeper at CB than LB which is why they may have explored trading up to 6.
https://mobile.twitter.com/fishsports/status/1388116788358139912

If anything, the trade up to 6th would have been to throw off other teams. Boys need lots of picks and not to give up the farm for 1 player.

Mr_437

Reaction score
It's confusing (frustrating) listening to Fish, so now he gets some of his own medicine...besides no one is looking for he to understand or breakdown something to them, he just parrot's other folks concepts.

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
Because we have Dallas Fans are never happy with anyone. Guys is just trying to make a living and he get rebuffed constantly for no reason besides trying to work and provide some insight into the front off. Kind of childish if you ask me. You can agree with him or disagree with him, but constant attacking him over and overs his imbecilic.

This is honestly the single most hateful discussion board I visit online and it isn't even close. Almost every post on this website is mean to someone or something in some way and it usually doesn't hold water. I'm only still here out of habit, I get my real football talk in elsewhere.

Generally when I point out how hateful this place is, someone responds with something hateful about that too. Nobody actually wants this place's culture to change.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Not sure why this is confusing to Fish. Two or more things can be equally true: 1) Parsons could have been the Cowboys top-rated defensive player; 2) they viewed CB as a more critical position of need; and 3) they could have viewed the drop off in talent steeper at CB than LB which is why they may have explored trading up to 6.

Pretty simple. Cowboys understand bpa, but unlike some fans on here they understand the concept of need and position value.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Imo when the cowboys say “we had him as the highest rated defensive player on our board” I think the word they are intentionally leaving out is “available”.

think the need combined with the talent of horn and surtain was slightly above parsons on the big board.
I believe they as a staff felt totally comfortable if the worst case scenario was ending up with a really really good player and prospect in parsons.

don’t think they are down on parsons at all so they are being honest but playing loose with words.

basel90

Reaction score

not confusing at all. Micah was their best ranked defensive talent , but JC was the best need and fit .

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Wow that would have been an ugly trade. I love Horne but Stephen above all people should have known how burnt we got on the Claiborne trade.
I thought Jerry was bad. Stephen is looking to be even worse. As much as many bash Jerry, I believe many are going to miss Jerry once Jerry is gone and Stephen takes over.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
The way I read it is the Cowboys did have Parsons rated the top defensive player in the draft.

But maybe the margin between Parsons and the top corners was so small Dallas would have taken Horn or Surtain if they had an oppurtunity to do so; simply due to the need there. I expect Dallas to take a corner tonight anyway.

Mamba

RatisBeast
Reaction score
Isn’t this logic much easier to understand if you just use an example of a quarterback? The top 3 offensive players on most draft boards weren’t Lawrence, Wilson, Lance. Position affects value.

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
Isn’t this logic much easier to understand if you just use an example of a quarterback? The top 3 offensive players on most draft boards weren’t Lawrence, Wilson, Lance. Position affects value.

Good example.

I imagine this tweet was simply fired off as an observation, or perhaps he was under the impression that the gap on their board between Parsons and others was bigger, or he's subtly calling out the Cowboys on lying about their board as a revisionist history thing.

Those are my theories.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Curious on if the Dolphins would of done that deal. They were set on Waddle. Not sure if they thought a team 7-9 could of nabbed him.
I dont think any of the teams above dallas wanted to trade down, they all had a guy they wanted, and if there they would pick him.
They all got their guy.

Now is when winning some of those games at end of last season hurts dallas now. They just moved dallas down in draft order.

That said , I think that surtain and horn may not be as good in nfl as they were in college, they could be busts or just meh.
if so then it is good they didnt fall to dallas.
Only if they turn out to be studs, does it matter.

Also if Parsons turns out to be a stud, then maybe that is the better pick.
There are other corners in this draft who are good, and then there is next years draft.
They cant fix it all in one draft.

I am more ok with the parsons pick that if they had got one of the 2 corners they wanted with the RD 1 pick.