Video: Fish: let’s quit ‘babying’ Cowboys La’el Collins truth

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I wonder where Fisher gets his information? Did someone on the team tell him that conditioning was Collins’ problem? Did Collins simply look out of shape to fish?

He needs to say where he got his info from... or if it is just his opinion.

Hardline

Reaction score
I wonder where Fisher gets his information? Did someone on the team tell him that conditioning was Collins’ problem? Did Collins simply look out of shape to fish?

He needs to say where he got his info from... or if it is just his opinion.
99% of all journalism is opinion.
Even sports journalism.
They create a story instead of reporting it.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know I've heard it hear before Fish.

It's been well established that Collins showed up out of shape, reported by multiple sources. If people want to look the other way on that, that's on them. Then, it was made clear by his automobile accident that he wasn't participating in the Cowboys 'bubble' program. And now he's set to miss at least 3 out of a 16-game season. None of it looks good, and I personally applaud Fish here for telling it like it is. Coaches are probably pissed and disappointed, and they have every right to be. Dude just got paid a nice contract last year, be a professional.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
It's been well established that Collins showed up out of shape, reported by multiple sources. If people want to look the other way on that, that's on them. Then, it was made clear by his automobile accident that he wasn't participating in the Cowboys 'bubble' program. And now he's set to miss at least 3 out of a 16-game season. None of it looks good, and I personally applaud Fish here for telling it like it is. Coaches are probably pissed and disappointed, and they have every right to be. Dude just got paid a nice contract last year, be a professional.

Even though this could very well be true... the Cowboys gain nothing by shaming Collins publicly. They are committed to him financially and need him to step up and help us this year.

The wisest course of action is to protect him publicly, and chastise him privately— and help him get back into game shape and game mentality ASAP. This approach could very well be happening behind the scenes and we would never know bc good teams keep their discipline in house

Cowboys22

Reaction score
It is supposed to be a hip injury. It doesn’t take a genius to know if you have a hip injury, you can’t do many physical things that would keep you in football shape. I don’t know what the truth is but it’s not hard to believe he has a hip issue and that has led to him not being in shape. Why do we need to accuse him of just being lazy?

Sinister

Reaction score
99% of all journalism is opinion.
Even sports journalism.
They create a story instead of reporting it.

Sorry, I couldn't let this go. This is a horrible take.

Journalism is unbiased production and distribution of reports on current or past events based on facts and supported with proofs or evidences.

Let's make sure that we differentiate journalists and journalism and not buy into the fallacy of 'fake news'.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Even though this could very well be true... the Cowboys gain nothing by shaming Collins publicly. They are committed to him financially and need him to step up and help us this year.

The wisest course of action is to protect him publicly, and chastise him privately— and help him get back into game shape and game mentality ASAP. This approach could very well be happening behind the scenes and we would never know bc good teams keep their discipline in house

Yeah but 'the Cowboys' aren't shaming Collins publicly. Fisher is. This could actually be a part of the give-and-take between news 'insiders' and the sources inside the building.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Locked on Cowboys said the same thing yesterday. Out of shape

Hardline

Reaction score
Sorry, I couldn't let this go. This is a horrible take.

Journalism is unbiased production and distribution of reports on current or past events based on facts and supported with proofs or evidences.

Let's make sure that we differentiate journalists and journalism and not buy into the fallacy of 'fake news'.
This is a perfect take.
You described journalism the way it should be.
Unfortunately that's not the way it is.
The media is overwhelmingly biased and is fake news. Turn on any mainstream news channel tonight or open any mainstream newspaper and see for yourself.
What I said is 100% factual.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MM said in his presser, and was asked. He said, it was not conditioning, it is an actual injury.

However, did the injury occur from initial poor conditioning, or from the auto accident. That was not asked nor said.