Video: Fish: Randy Gregory as starter - Cowboys DE is the opposite of a coach-killer

Creeper

Reaction score
Both are up for extensions this year or they're gone after 2021. I expect Gregory to be one of the few to get one, Armstrong will play his last season in 2021.

They should have kept Joe Jackson and let Armstrong go.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I never understood why Gregory was so mismanaged last season. He has been a playmaker and everyone knows the Cowboys need all those they can get on the field. I'm looking forward to seeing him on the field full time next season. Armstrong is a nice complimentary piece but Gregory can make a difference.

Because of the time missed, all of camp and was not able to rejoin the team until October. As for starting next season I would say he should be favored to start but right now I want to see guys go out and earn it in camp. If I was in Quinn shoes I would be letting my defense know that no position is etched in stone in terms of starting and these jobs are up for grabs.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
They should have kept Joe Jackson and let Armstrong go.

I think they all need to be in camp and go out and earn it. If Jackson proves himself as better then of course go with him but I think part of changing the culture people love to talk about you start by letting everyone know that jobs will be earned and playing time will be earned.

quickccc

Reaction score
I agree with fish as management already frustrated with team coaching preparation and planning had to be even more miffed about how Gregory was not being utilized and Implemented and it probably came to a boiling point that included the DL coach Jim tomsula

Armstrong never had the top athleticism and playmaking skills that management has always been
elated with Gregory
but I tend to believe other matters played a part in the disappointment with the DL too but I can believe Gregory headlined the move out for tomsula and Nolan

Tomsula may have tried to build up dorace Armstrong than Gregory and he certainly had his mind made up to put rookie Bradley Anae on redshirt basically wiping out his rookie year

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I never understood why Gregory was so mismanaged last season. He has been a playmaker and everyone knows the Cowboys need all those they can get on the field. I'm looking forward to seeing him on the field full time next season. Armstrong is a nice complimentary piece but Gregory can make a difference.
as parcells use to say if they can't practice and play, then they are no good to me....Gregory has been suspended more than he has played. will he get suspended again? will he be on the team? can you count on him. he was another gamble in the 2nd round that hasn't paid off in the long list of 2nd round gambles, ala Lee (great when not injured, but often injured), Jaylon ('nuff said), Hill, Williams, etc..... we are unable to hit on the 2nd round with any type of consistency....that's a premium pick and we tend to swing for the fences....