Video: Fish: Re-signing Randy Gregory is the Cowboys 1 priority

Bowdown27

Reaction score
I know they feel like he’s give a discount but I feel there’s more guys on the open market I’d pay the same price for over him.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Of course. Jerry handpicked Gregory and molded and matured him. So, yeah, he is getting overpaid.

Carson

Reaction score
I know they feel like he’s give a discount but I feel there’s more guys on the open market I’d pay the same price for over him.
Yep.

I would take Fowler for half of the salary, draft a guy like Arnold Ebiketie in the 2nd.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
One of my least favorite players in team history so it makes perfect sense that he is Jerry J favorite.

Ken

Reaction score
I don't expect you to listen to this 24 minute ego massage but in it he most definitely makes that statement.

Our #1 priority. Bring back a career underachiever and add yet another bad contract to the books.

Funny if it wasn't so sad.

Why do people keep posting Fish's opinions? That is all they are btw...

Almost always, they are wrong opinions.

Reactions: CWR

75boyz

Reaction score
IF reasonable and no more than 2 years, as I've stated in other posts, I'm good with it.

IF they pay him some stupid Jones like overpayment as with so many others, I'm totally AGAINST it.

I just can't seem to get over a 27 million dollar cap hit to No Show Lawrence. Just me, I know.

Carson

Reaction score
IF reasonable and no more than 2 years, as I've stated in other posts, I'm good with it.

IF they pay him some stupid Jones like overpayment as with so many others, I'm totally AGAINST it.

I just can't get over a 27 million dollar cap hit to No Show Lawrence. Just me, I know.
Not a single person likes Lawrence's cap hit / contract. But they were never going to lose 90 and 94 in one offseason.

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
Do you guys not remember how fun this defense was to watch last year? Bring them all back and draft some more kids as well!!!!!!!!!!

Creeper

Reaction score
I think they need to sign someone at DE who can pressure the QB. I get the criticism of Gregory. He has missed more games for Dallas than he has played. But on the other hand, why be patient with him all these years only to let him go when it appears he finally has his life together?

Gregory is not the best DE in the league, but he does get pressures. He does make plays. Everyone is making way too much of one bad, stupid decision in the playoff game. The whole team was stupid against the 49ers including the coaching staff.

What I am hoping with Gregory is due to his history he will be the best value signing they can make at DE. Of course if he wants silly money then I drop my interest in him and look for another solution. In fact, I would keep an eye on all the free agents to see if there is a better value than Gregory. But I know this much, if I don't sign Gregory, I must sign someone else who is as good or better. That's because I want this team to win with defense. I want them to run the ball and keep Dak from throwing 50 passes per game. I want him throwing 20-25 times per game while my offense runs the football, and my defense smothers the opposition. If they do not sign or replace Gregory then the defense suffers and the offense will have to ask Dak to throw 40 passes.

If they can get Gregory for $12 million to $14 million I am fine with it. If not and they sign someone else like Z'Adarius Smith I am fine with that too.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Fish drinks too much. Cowboys have given Randy so many chances time & time again. Last year was the first time he stayed out of trouble. But, no so on the field. He literally cost Dallas 2 games due to idiotic penalties.

He missed one game early in the year while being out on COVID reserve & then four more in the middle of the year after suffering a calf injury. He's due to have off season knee surgery as well. ENOUGH ALREADY/TRADE HIM!

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I don't expect you to listen to this 24 minute ego massage but in it he most definitely makes that statement.

Our #1 priority. Bring back a career underachiever and add yet another bad contract to the books.

I take him at 8M per year. and some incentives.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score

I can see it now!!!! Move on from him!!!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Well, the good new is - he probably has the least miles on him in the entire league for a 29 year old.

Give him a 4 yr deal, which in all likely hood would be a 2 year contract.
My guess is 4 yr 32 million, with a minimal cap hit the first year.

Why the hell would be take that, Miami is offering double that, Jerry will get sucked in and will play triple

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
So Fish said we were repairing relationship with Coop, DLaw is going nowhere and now this. Throwing poo against a wall to see what sticks.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Well, the good new is - he probably has the least miles on him in the entire league for a 29 year old.

I actually read/heard somewhere he may only get a 2-year deal.....

TheGoat73

Reaction score

4 year $24M with incentives up to $32M maybe.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Every single thing I wish they wouldn’t do is exactly what they end up doing.

:banghead:

75boyz

Reaction score
I think they need to sign someone at DE who can pressure the QB. I get the criticism of Gregory. He has missed more games for Dallas than he has played. But on the other hand, why be patient with him all these years only to let him go when it appears he finally has his life together?

Gregory is not the best DE in the league, but he does get pressures. He does make plays. Everyone is making way too much of one bad, stupid decision in the playoff game. The whole team was stupid against the 49ers including the coaching staff.

What I am hoping with Gregory is due to his history he will be the best value signing they can make at DE. Of course if he wants silly money then I drop my interest in him and look for another solution. In fact, I would keep an eye on all the free agents to see if there is a better value than Gregory. But I know this much, if I don't sign Gregory, I must sign someone else who is as good or better. That's because I want this team to win with defense. I want them to run the ball and keep Dak from throwing 50 passes per game. I want him throwing 20-25 times per game while my offense runs the football, and my defense smothers the opposition. If they do not sign or replace Gregory then the defense suffers and the offense will have to ask Dak to throw 40 passes.

If they can get Gregory for $12 million to $14 million I am fine with it. If not and they sign someone else like Z'Adarius Smith I am fine with that too.

Excellent post. I prefer the same type of team you describe here. Would rather Gregory at under 10 mil per but also agree with you to bring in someone equal to his skill level if not Gregory.