Twitter: Fisher: Will the Cowboys bid on Jadeveon Clowney?

BigTimeBlues

Reaction score
quinn is not likely to be cheap this year following last year's success. would love to have clowney but he's a mercenary. he won't be cheap.

He's also stated before that he wants to play for a contender, would he even view Dallas as a contender? I doubt it.

I personally don't see this happening, though I wouldn't be surprised either way.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Mismanagement of the money continues to be Stephen Joneses wheelhouse. Don't tell him you can't pay everyone top dollar because, in lieu of having a backbone, he seems to be the appeaser of players requesting more of the pie. He hates high dollar free agency acquisitions. I think he thinks that makes up for is high dollar resigning of our own players.

cern

Reaction score
Mismanagement of the money continues to be Stephen Joneses wheelhouse. Don't tell him you can't pay everyone top dollar because, in lieu of having a backbone, he seems to be the appeaser of players requesting more of the pie. He hates high dollar free agency acquisitions. I think he thinks that makes up for is high dollar resigning of our own players.
balderdash. Stephen is one of the best at signing players to contracts and keeping the cap under control. now his daddy was another matter. Stephen does not get personally attached to the players the way jerry did.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
balderdash. Stephen is one of the best at signing players to contracts and keeping the cap under control. now his daddy was another matter. Stephen does not get personally attached to the players the way jerry did.
Gotcha! Hook, Line, and Sinker. I knew you would have something to say about that. It still doesn't change the fact that Stephen is the reason the Cowboys will not be bidding on Jadeveon Clowney.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

Stephens way leads to 8-8..

He keeps the cap under control because he only likes our guys so he relies on rookies to be our upgrade from the previous season.

It's a good way to stay mediocre.

I want to be great or terrible.. This mediocre spot is the worst spot to be in.

Being terrible for 1 year landed us Zeke.

I would love to be terrible enough to draft a QB or a player like one of the Bosa's.

cern

Reaction score
Gotcha! Hook, Line, and Sinker. I knew you would have something to say about that. It still doesn't change the fact that Stephen is the reason the Cowboys will not be bidding on Jadeveon Clowney.
sure, why not. all Stephen has on his plate at the moment is signing dak, cooper, and Byron jones. all pro bowlers. why not just throw a tub of money at clowney, too. Khalil mack took the bears to the promised land. aaron Donald took the rams to 9-7 and no playoffs this year. doing what's best for the team doesn't necessarily mean keeping certain fans happy.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is questionable at this point if they can even keep their own FA's. If a team with the second most D minded HC will let him walk, beware. He let his DC walk too and how did that turn out?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Other's in the media mentioned the possibility. If anything, the story unoriginal.

cern

Reaction score
Stephens way leads to 8-8..

He keeps the cap under control because he only likes our guys so he relies on rookies to be our upgrade from the previous season.

It's a good way to stay mediocre.

I want to be great or terrible.. This mediocre spot is the worst spot to be in.

Being terrible for 1 year landed us Zeke.

I would love to be terrible enough to draft a QB or a player like one of the Bosa's.
but with the firing of garrett, stephen now has his stamp on the team. I expect the strategy to change a bit. but clowney didn't get the hawks to the big dance.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
sure, why not. all Stephen has on his plate at the moment is signing dak, cooper, and Byron jones. all pro bowlers. why not just throw a tub of money at clowney, too. Khalil mack took the bears to the promised land. aaron Donald took the rams to 9-7 and no playoffs this year. doing what's best for the team doesn't necessarily mean keeping certain fans happy.
IMO, these aren't even hard decisions. Greed gets players cut.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Other's in the media mentioned the possibility. If anything, the story unoriginal.
There are few players that are not mentioned as a "possible" Cowboy. Somewhere within every sports outlet is a list of the minimum number of times Dallas Cowboys must be mentioned on a daily basis or within an article. Some actually go so far to say no news yet about the Cowboys. And if that's not enough, if the Joneses sense their territory is being threatened, they'll send the son out to say "things are heating up, we're getting real now". We could turn how many times he said that about the Prescott deal in the last two years into a drinking game.

Reactions: G2

Sandyf

Reaction score
Not going to happen. Seems like every big time free agent always mentions Dallas is interested just to create interest. When is the last time we signed a big time guy? Honestly cannot remember.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
but with the firing of garrett, stephen now has his stamp on the team. I expect the strategy to change a bit. but clowney didn't get the hawks to the big dance.

Hawks are irrelevant until Wilson’s deal becomes cheap or the team around him is young and most on rookie contracts like San Fran.

cern

Reaction score
Hawks are irrelevant until Wilson’s deal becomes cheap or the team around him is young and most on rookie contracts like San Fran.
hawks are relevant because of Russell Wilson. he's worth every penny he receives.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

Yeah we’ll see if he can overcome his contract..

Overpaying QBs applies to elite players too.. Not just the mediocre guys.