Yowza

149082_10151394702696379_1862264912_n.jpg

Full video and article.

http://www.khon2.com/2013/04/10/watch-video-shark-snatches-fishermans-catch/

ologan

Reaction score
Tricked;5045563 said:

Dayuuummmm! Got his attention!
I've had sharks come close while wade fishing in waist deep water. When I first started wade fishing, I didn't know better to have a loooonnnng stringer for your catch, and had a small one come take a couple of speckled trout from my short stringer. The long stringer was the first thing I got before the next trip.

The craziest thing I've had happen was black bass fishing. I was in a cove throwing buzz baits very early one morning when what I estimate a three pound bass hit it. Bringing him back to the boat, a very large black bass hit him and took him and buzz bait with him. Got my heart racing.

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
I would have needed a new pair of underwear at that point.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
AmarilloCowboyFan;5045634 said:
I would have needed a new pair of underwear at that point.

I would've worn those paddles to nubs getting back to shore.

Beached........still paddlin'. With what looks like a stick. Mumbling incoherently.

ologan

Reaction score
Seven;5045680 said:

Beached........still paddlin'. With what looks like a stick. Mumbling incoherently.

:laugh2: :laugh1: :lmao2:

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
Seven;5045680 said:

hahaha, indeed.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Interesting. Another site mislabeled the shark calling it a Tiger Shark. That is not a Tiger and the guy fishing thinks it was a Galapagos shark.

I have seen several while diving and stuff, it did not look like a Galap shark and looks extremely close to a Great White. I know they are very rare in that part of Hawaii, but it sure looked like one. Hard to tell in that video though.

The nose is a dead give away, Galapagos sharks have a more slender and longer nose, this one was shorter, just like a White. The colors were the same too.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
dexternjack;5045912 said:
Interesting. Another site mislabeled the shark calling it a Tiger Shark. That is not a Tiger and the guy fishing thinks it was a Galapagos shark.

I have seen several while diving and stuff, it did not look like a Galap shark and looks extremely close to a Great White. I know they are very rare in that part of Hawaii, but it sure looked like one. Hard to tell in that video though.

The nose is a dead give away, Galapagos sharks have a more slender and longer nose, this one was shorter, just like a White. The colors were the same too.

trust me, if I were in that situation, I wouldn't care what kind of shark it was.