CFZ Five new big differences in Cowboys Offenses in 2022

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
None of that amounts to any difference in this offense. If this offense gets better it will be because Dak finally pulled his head out.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
There is a lot of evidence for good things to happen, more so than negative things. Some fans need to take off the "dislike everything" blinders.
It’s not negative, it’s saying unknown players can’t automatically be considered better than proven vets before they even play in one preseason game.

As for CD there’s no evidence I’ve seen on tape that says he can be a true #1. People point to his numbers but has he ever taken over a game like Cooper did many times when he first came to Dallas?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s not negative, it’s saying unknown players can’t automatically be considered better than proven vets before they even play in one preseason game.

As for CD there’s no evidence I’ve seen on tape that says he can be a true #1. People point to his numbers but has he ever taken over a game like Cooper did many times when he first came to Dallas?

I can agree with this.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
An stale offense that scored 29 points vs superbowl Bucs defense

And 36 points vs genius bill belichick Pat's in first half of season.

Cowboys should have beat NE easily by 3 TD's in that game.
They self destructed inside the 10 like 4 times.

I think it was...
Dak fumble into the end zone (that may have been over the goal line, can't quite recall), Dak TD that was not reviewed but I think those 2 were the same series).
Wilson dropped pass in the end zone, tipped pass in the end zone that was intercepted.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
1. Smith is already an upgrade over Williams.
2. Tolbert along with Washington easily replaces Wilson and then some. Question is can Lamb be a better #1 than Cooper. Signs points to yes
3. Steele has out played Collins the past two years, I think he is ready for 17 plus games.
4. Ferguson is easily TE #2, but keep an eye out on McKeon, they seem to like him as well.
5. K, Garibay may have some rookie moments, but will the other K they just signed give him some TC competition. This is a big unknown right now as to how this turns out.

I wouldn't rule out Hendershot either, if we keep 3 TEs.

quickccc

Reaction score
Cowboys should have beat NE easily by 3 TD's in that game.
They self destructed inside the 10 like 4 times.

I think it was...
Dak fumble into the end zone (that may have been over the goal line, can't quite recall), Dak TD that was not reviewed but I think those 2 were the same series).
Wilson dropped pass in the end zone, tipped pass in the end zone that was intercepted.

Can we at least give us some kind of credit for still being competitive enough to overcome their mistakes, and not only competiting but winning the victory
over a Bill Belichek led team ..on the road ......and in a loud hostile atmosphere at that ...? ...... o_O

quickccc

Reaction score

... So long as it wasn't against an elite or one of the better coverage CBs in the NFL ?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can we at least give us some kind of credit for still being competitive enough to overcome their mistakes, and not only competiting but winning the victory
over a Bill Belichek led team ..on the road ......and in a loud hostile atmosphere at that ...? ...... o_O

I was not putting them down, of course they get credit for that.
My comments was that we were clearly the better team by a wider margin than the scoreboard.

Go back to Tony Romo's 5 interception game at Buffalo, but they still won. Games like that happen, so yes they get credit.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
An stale offense that scored 29 points vs superbowl Bucs defense

And 36 points vs genius bill belichick Pat's in first half of season.
That offense can work, because of the talent we have on offense.
Can you imagine if we had a more updated offensive scheme ?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
You're probably Not thinking of Steele as a new addition, because he's Not a rookie .. like Tyler, Tolbert, Ferguson,..

Keep in mind that that the RT spot has been Lael Collin's starting role, ..not Steele's. Terrence has been a reserve backup the last 2 years
But now the RT starting role is Steele's to lose Terrance is not gonna be a backup anymore, he's gonna be counted on to be a reliable starter.
It goes through him.

And now we get to see his full capacity in a starting role on a full 17 game season basis.

Steele started 14 and 13 games the last 2 seasons. He's been our starter, even when maybe not the guy we wanted to start.

My point is that we've lost depth. Steele is not an addition of depth.

quickccc

Reaction score
Steele started 14 and 13 games the last 2 seasons. He's been our starter, even when maybe not the guy we wanted to start.

My point is that we've lost depth. Steele is not an addition of depth.

- The reason why i consider Steele an addition. because he's not gonna be a backup anymore. He's not a fill-in anymore.
His starting role to lose now.
And he's flat gonna have to prove he can more than handle his own as a full season starter.

- He performs consistently and admirably , then he's resigned long term.
He crumbles for the season, ..and he'll be replace next year and we'll be starting from scratch.
It's a make or break year for him.

- The Steele that the club is relying heavily upon on a full time basis This year , is a different Steele that was forced to start 16 games his rookie year, to which
he was awful in giving up sacks on a game to game basis, before we had to yank him and place vet OG Martin to RT, before himself was injured for the year,
which returned Steele to starting again.

- The RT role was Collins to lose.. hip issue, recovery and off-field suspension issues led to him being gone
The club decided to move on from Lael Collins, to the point they couldn't even get a returned draft pick for him, thus he's cut.
That was big because it places a make or break year for both Steele and OL coach Joe Philibin.

- My point is not the question of depth. My point is now Steele is gonna now be counted upon as entrenched starting RT. for a full season.
He's not gonna be depth or backup anymore.

quickccc

Reaction score
That offense can work, because of the talent we have on offense.
Can you imagine if we had a more updated offensive scheme ?

I believe talent has to have coaching input to maximized it's potential.
Oft-overused cliche' but as its' said- coaches place players in the best positions to excel.

Case in point, Parsons' success is partial his ability, but the way Quinn schemes and moves him around in position that
makes his difficult for teams to double team and chip at him, is a coach design and scheme that maximizes his potential.

-i don't think it's about update, and going with a whole new different philosophy, I think it's more about the ability to adjust in game and counter- scheme.
Besides his questionable use of the RBs in both run/pass game Kellen also does not make in game adjustments.
When opposing teams counter his offense, and go heavy zone coverages (instead of blitzing heavily) he struggled mightily

-We could not run the ball on either Bucs or Pats, yet we took them to school with Kellen's pass game.
If he was much better with utilizing the RBs, he could use them as weaponry vs zone coverage defenses.

-Watch for more 12 personnel set if rookie TE Ferguson is everything they had hoped for.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I believe talent has to have coaching input to maximized it's potential.
Oft-overused cliche' but as its' said- coaches place players in the best positions to excel.

Case in point, Parsons' success is partial his ability, but the way Quinn schemes and moves him around in position that
makes his difficult for teams to double team and chip at him, is a coach design and scheme that maximizes his potential.

-i don't think it's about update, and going with a whole new different philosophy, I think it's more about the ability to adjust in game and counter- scheme.
Besides his questionable use of the RBs in both run/pass game Kellen also does not make in game adjustments.
When opposing teams counter his offense, and go heavy zone coverages (instead of blitzing heavily) he struggled mightily

-We could not run the ball on either Bucs or Pats, yet we took them to school with Kellen's pass game.
If he was much better with utilizing the RBs, he could use them as weaponry vs zone coverage defenses.

-Watch for more 12 personnel set if rookie TE Ferguson is everything they had hoped for.
Thanks, I am not the X and O person you are.
Hopefully our coaching staff will maximize the talent on the roster.
I am really hoping Coach Mac gets more involved in the offence as that supposed to be his speciality.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
- The reason why i consider Steele an addition. because he's not gonna be a backup anymore. He's not a fill-in anymore.
His starting role to lose now.
And he's flat gonna have to prove he can more than handle his own as a full season starter.

- He performs consistently and admirably , then he's resigned long term.
He crumbles for the season, ..and he'll be replace next year and we'll be starting from scratch.
It's a make or break year for him.

- The Steele that the club is relying heavily upon on a full time basis This year , is a different Steele that was forced to start 16 games his rookie year, to which
he was awful in giving up sacks on a game to game basis, before we had to yank him and place vet OG Martin to RT, before himself was injured for the year,
which returned Steele to starting again.

- The RT role was Collins to lose.. hip issue, recovery and off-field suspension issues led to him being gone
The club decided to move on from Lael Collins, to the point they couldn't even get a returned draft pick for him, thus he's cut.
That was big because it places a make or break year for both Steele and OL coach Joe Philibin.

- My point is not the question of depth. My point is now Steele is gonna now be counted upon as entrenched starting RT. for a full season.
He's not gonna be depth or backup anymore.

My point is that he was already here last year, and playing. He's not an addition to our depth or what we're putting on the field. Like all guys on their rookie contracts, he's likely better this year than last. But he's not an addition.

We have *less* on the oline than we had last year.