Five star alert, this is no drill

RonWashington

Reaction score
They've been playing clips of the 2015 Thanksgiving game all over the web this week.

As a guy who has been around the Panthers and their fanbase his entire life, I don't think I've ever seen the fans this arrogant.

Are pantherette fans getting all swagger over being 3-0 beating two division 2 teams

Macnalty

Reaction score
the win over the Chargers was significant, and if we beat the Panthers not sure I would provide the same adjective.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
literally every season in the NFL some team gets off to a 3-0 start and then fades quickly to the point later in the year you think to yourself "oh yeah, that's right, they were 3-0, I forgot about that"
The Bills used to do it fairly frequently. I've seen the Lions do it, lots of teams. Panthers are going to be it this year.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Keeping it simple this morning.
If our OL can play strong and keep it together and the D can generate a pass rush..
Cowboys win this.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Put in one leg into the pants and then the other.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Eight hours ago Advanced Reconnoissance folks alerted me: This Panther defense might not only be good, but elite. And not only elite, but historically elite. They crush all in their path. The junior officer pleaded, "Call special Ops, and then Top Brass."

I looked at the Carolina engagement history and chuckled. It's merely early campaign static, empty noise. The Panthers feasted on inferior Jets and Texans units. In the Panther's other game my intel was that opposing QB Winston had regressed, panicked and lost motor control. I messaged back: "No major threats in range. Set status yellow."

Weak yellow I thought....Ate a stale bagel and went to bed. "We'll make house-cats of those Panthers," I mumbled before drifting off.

Sometimes early hour sleep disruptions are driven by vague intuition, other times a need to piss. I awoke at 0300 and decided I best study that Carolina-Saints game...

90 minutes later I called special Ops, and then the Top Brass. FIVE STAR ALERT.

[more coming]
I heard worse. The NFL office held an emergency meeting to end the season early and just hand the Lombardi to Carolina. They feared for the rest of the league.

Macnalty

Reaction score
Beating the Panthers wouldn't be significant?
I would just use a different adjective, I mean the Panthers QB is pedestrian at best and they are without a valued chess piece in RB Christian McCaffery, the adjective nightmare comes to mind if your title is Panthers Offensive coordinator. IMO this win will not be as significant as the Charger win on the road. That said, this is the NFL and on any given Sunday. Just remember the Denver game in September of 2017.