Fix at DT. Aaron Donald. Why Not?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The proposal has a Herschel Walker mega-type transaction written all over it, except this time the Rams would be Dallas and the Cowboys would be Minnesota.

Ken

Reaction score
Why not?

Salary…roster isn’t built for a 25 million dollar DT.
They can do 25 million if they really wanted to.

My question is, is Aaron Donald still Aaron Donald. 5 sacks in 11 games last year....

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
The proposal has a Herschel Walker mega-type transaction written all over it, except this time the Rams would be Dallas and the Cowboys would be Minnesota.
Very true. I think the Rams would be asking too much to make it a realistic idea. The what-ifs are nice but then reality smacks you in the face.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Issue is his contract. You'll end up paying the guy a ton of money to not be on the roster, and that could realistically be as soon as next season. The guy has already talked about retirement, and after this season all of his guaranteed money on his deal will have been paid. He's an excellent talent, but LA might have to literally pay someone to take him off their hands at this point.

2023 - $26
2024 - $34
2025 - $29 (Void year)
2026 - $14 (Void year)

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
mqdefault.jpg

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Better to draft Kancey. You will have the 2023 version of Donald for much cheaper.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score

John813

Reaction score
If they trade Donald now, they'll incure 41mil in dead cap per OTC, or 15mil more than his current cap hit.

Doesn't make much sense for the Rams. Even if it was a Post june 1st move, the cap hit in 24 would be stupid.
He's talked about retirement and I can't see him being the type to bounce around in his 30's.

joseephuss

Reaction score
If they trade Donald now, they'll incure 41mil in dead cap per OTC, or 15mil more than his current cap hit.

Doesn't make much sense for the Rams. Even if it was a Post june 1st move, the cap hit in 24 would be stupid.
He's talked about retirement and I can't see him being the type to bounce around in his 30's.
Overthecap shows he would have a $12.5 dead hit for LA in 2023 and in 2024 if he was traded post June 1st. Not too bad for them, but any team trading for him will still be paying quite a bit plus whatever it takes to acquire him. If he was traded, I'd imagine it would be an in-season trade and even then I doubt it.