Fix the Defense FA Additions

stilltheguru

Reaction score
If you still need half a new defense after three years of building this one, it's time to scrap the experiment and start over.
Not half. 3 key pieces is enough. I'd pay them whatever Pollard, Gilmore and Tyron got this year

Cowboysheelsreds058

Reaction score
OP, would love it but no way Jethro opens the checkbook for those players. Heck he and Jed think we are that close and do their bargain bin on FA players.

ATXSRT

Reaction score
We have not had a thumper type MLB in ages... last I can remember is Sean Lee but he was brittle. We need attitude and someone that's going to lay the wood at the MLB spot. Even if the opposing offense gets a couple of yards we need to set a tone and let them know they are going to be hit every dang play. Tired of plugging in safeties and corners at crucial spots like MLBer.

DCCowboys11

Reaction score
OK we got gashed in Running game and in the middle of the field. This is to talk about who you want or think can come in and help this team stop the run and up the middle of the defense.

sign 2 DT Resign Hankins and +1 for Galimore leaving
sign 2 ILB we need started + depth
sign 1 OLB we need backup/Starter opposite Micha
sign 1 CB, we are loosing 3 of them so adding 1 that has talent but has sucked so far in Okudah might be helpful.

who do you got to help fix the defense?

DT Sign:

D.J. Reader - DT Bengals 6'3 335​

Johnathan Hankins - DT Cowboys 6'2 330​

ILB/OLB Sign:

Josey Jewell - ILB Broncos 6'2 240​

Frankie Luvu - ILB Panthers 6'2 235​

Josh Allen - OLB Jaguars 6'5 255​

CB Sign:

Jeff Okudah - CB Falcons 6'1 205​

Love all of these, and like the way you think. But it won’t matter because “we like our guys” & Cap Cap Cap (Stephen Jones). I Have ZERO confidence they’ll sign ANY impactful free agents.

Dorsett33

Reaction score
I'd give overshown a chance but I like the ideas here
We need to get away from these light safties turn to LBs. This isn't college. OL will push them all over the place when running right at them. We need true big and fast LBs

starfan1

Reaction score
I believe every draft pick deserves more than 1 year. It isn't limited to mazi but some of you are obsessed with big fella for some reason
Im just giving you the business again. too soon? and yes Im one thats not happy with draft I hope to be proved wrong

FVSTONE

Reaction score
OK we got gashed in Running game and in the middle of the field. This is to talk about who you want or think can come in and help this team stop the run and up the middle of the defense.

sign 1 CB, we are loosing 3 of them so adding 1 that has talent but has sucked so far in Okudah might be helpful.

DT Sign:

ILB/OLB Sign:

CB Sign:

Cowboys don't have the cap room to sign any game changing FAs...................

Cowboyny

Reaction score

DT Sign:

ILB/OLB Sign:

CB Sign:

Take Reader off this list as he is a premium player.

Creeper

Reaction score
I like Reader at DT.

I would love for Dallas to open the vault and sign Christian Wilkins from the Dolphins, but Justin Madubuike is also available along with Michael Pierce. Wilkins would be my guy because he is just totally disruptive. Madubuike gives us an inside pass rush which we desperately need.

But Jerry is never going to sign one of these guys because they cost too much. I don't even thing he would spring for A'Shawn Robinson.

vlad

Reaction score
Please get established inside lbs. ppl putting a ton of faith in a 3rd round light in the pants lb. I hope he’s a beast but that seems like a recipe for disaster.

tomokawan

Reaction score
Jerry is not going to spend much. He kept MC, which signals to me he thinks
Please get established inside lbs. ppl putting a ton of faith in a 3rd round light in the pants lb. I hope he’s a beast but that seems like a recipe for disaster.

we don't need much.

LifetimeBoysFan

Reaction score
I know this is going to sound pessimistic, but I am legit asking this. If we had the most ideal aggressive FA plan. How do we pull of the cap room with Dak, CeeDee and Micah’s deals plus being over the cap already? Of course this assumes that there is a real “change” and optimal spending ensues, ala a Philly, SF or Baltimore type GM

loublue22

Reaction score
We have not had a thumper type MLB in ages... last I can remember is Sean Lee but he was brittle. We need attitude and someone that's going to lay the wood at the MLB spot. Even if the opposing offense gets a couple of yards we need to set a tone and let them know they are going to be hit every dang play. Tired of plugging in safeties and corners at crucial spots like MLBer.
McClain for one year, whenever that was.

sbark

Reaction score
Salary cap as stated above cuts any premium players out
They need to be raiding practice squads for candidates to add size, speed, instincts
......but teams will protect them quickly