Video: Fix the defense trade down trade up draft

morasp

Reaction score
Our defense was franchise worst for Passing TDs and Rushing TDs. Our offense is playoff caliber but we need a better defense to do anything in the playoffs. Two videos got me interested in fixing the defense by moving around a little. Marcus spears suggested fixing the secondary and upgrading the interior pass rush. Mark Holmes suggested trading back and trying to get one of the top corners and Christian Barmore.

I had two trades, one with Minnesota to trade down and one with Cleveland to trade back up. As always my big board is NFL.com and the Fanspeak OnTheClock draft simulator with the Draftplex big board. Draft grade wise I ended up with 5 players with starting grades and five quality backups who should make the 53 man roster with the potential to become starters.

R1P14 CB Jaycee Horn South Carolina
Jaycee Horn Draft and Combine Prospect Profile | NFL.com

R1P26 DT Christian Barmore Alabama
Christian Barmore Draft and Combine Prospect Profile | NFL.com

R3P11 S Jamar Johnson Indiana
Jamar Johnson Draft and Combine Prospect Profile | NFL.com

R3P35 WR Tylan Wallace not a need but he ran a sub 4.4 forty and was good value with a starter grade of (6.3)
Tylan Wallace Draft and Combine Prospect Profile | NFL.com

R4P10 OT Jaylon Moore Western Michigan G/T that would be good to fill in when the injuries start on the OL
Jaylon Moore Draft and Combine Prospect Profile | NFL.com

R4P33 Edge Chris Rumph II Duke highly productive developmental edge rusher that needs to get strongrer
Chris Rumph II Draft and Combine Prospect Profile | NFL.com

R5P35 DL Bobby Brown III Texas A&M Developmental DT whose still learning the position
Bobby Brown III Draft and Combine Prospect Profile | NFL.com

R6P15 RB Chuba Hubbard Oklahoma St.Good fit for our blocking scheme with track speed to break long runs.
Chuba Hubbard Draft and Combine Prospect Profile | NFL.com

R6P43 LB Isaiah McDuffie Boston College Great instincts and production and coaches son.
Isaiah McDuffie Draft and Combine Prospect Profile | NFL.com

R7P10 S Christian Uphoff small school safety that could make the 53 man roster.
Christian Uphoff Draft and Combine Prospect Profile | NFL.com

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I like it, but I doubt Barmore will make it down to the 26th spot.

Because of this, I would rather take DT Barmore at #14. Then gamble and take CB Farley at #26.