Twitter: Flashback Cowboys: T-New teases Bledsoe on his running ability

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I thought their effort was outstanding last season. They just lack talent.
A lot of the time it was. But there were a lot of piss poor moments, and even more when the effort was only good on one side of the ball i.e. detroit first half.

But I think you could say that the effort itself was bad against NO, Chi, SD, most of the Vikes game, 2nd half against GB.

I know most every team has moments where the effort isn't perfect, but this team seemed to just give up at times. I think its pretty rare that this team gives you a good hard 60 min.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Well, it WAS Dave Campo. Who is on film as coaching Scandrick to "don't be lookin' for the ball" in the air.

God that dude was embarrassing. Rivaled jerry for asinine innuendos...............Cowboys worst coach EVER.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Y'know, though they weren't really that good, the teams from that era (05ish) were a heck of a lot easier to root for than the current group, imo.

The era where jerry launched hope as a marketing tool.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
No way. I hated those teams. Hated Bledsoe and hated Testaverde. We were like the Commanders South -- tons of overpriced, aged talent.

A corpse would have more mobility in the pocket than Bledsoe.

Tons of overpriced free agents? Around 2005? Not sure about that.

OhSnap

Reaction score
So why, pray tell, did Parcells think this guy could still play.

It's interesting what he did in Dallas and with the Jets. He tacked a couple teams together that had allot of "his guys" and that seemed more important than building a team from the ground up. Looking back it seems he was more interested in playing GM and might have tried to build a resume for it as a coach. That is what he complained about when he left NE, that he couldn't pick the groceries. (punches self in face for saying that again) Like I've heard a million times.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
It's interesting what he did in Dallas and with the Jets. He tacked a couple teams together that had allot of "his guys" and that seemed more important than building a team from the ground up. Looking back it seems he was more interested in playing GM and might have tried to build a resume for it as a coach. That is what he complained about when he left NE, that he couldn't pick the groceries. (punches self in face for saying that again) Like I've heard a million times.

Not sure I'd say he was playing GM.

Just doing what many coaches do. Coaches like "their guys" because those guys are 100% on board from day 1.

OhSnap

Reaction score
Not sure I'd say he was playing GM.

Just doing what many coaches do. Coaches like "their guys" because those guys are 100% on board from day 1.

He made it well known he wanted more say so in the rosters even with the draft so I think in his case it was a little more than the coach having enough clout to bring in players he was familiar with. We ended up drafting a 1st round bust (Bobby Carpenter) who's dad had played for Parcells.

CowboyGil

Reaction score
8FPX1x4.gif

What was this thread about again??:confused:

Hoofbite

Reaction score
He made it well known he wanted more say so in the rosters even with the draft so I think in his case it was a little more than the coach having enough clout to bring in players he was familiar with. We ended up drafting a 1st round bust (Bobby Carpenter) who's dad had played for Parcells.

Well yeah. Name a coach who wants nothing to do with picking his players. Hell, Jason was pissed off last year when things didn't go according to how he thought they should.

OhSnap

Reaction score
Well yeah. Name a coach who wants nothing to do with picking his players. Hell, Jason was pissed off last year when things didn't go according to how he thought they should.

It's understandable but with him he was a little bored with coaching(maybe) and he was probably looking at how free agency was working which wasn't around for most of his coaching career. If he would give me more to go on I might come up with a better opinion.:D I wish he had stayed around Dallas for another year or 2 and went out on top.