Flashback to Day One: Jerry Jones Buys The Cowboys

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I tuned the franchise out a number of years ago. Crapping on them now is more of a sport or entertainment these days. Kinda like people, to borrow a line from a Batman movie, who like to watch the world burn.
You get a LIKE for the Michael Caine reference. :thumbup:

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Twelve current NFL teams have never won a Super Bowl. I'm just happy we have five. Thanks Jerry.
Only 5 current teams have not played in a conference title game in the 21st Century, and the Cowboys are one of them.

Do you think Browns fans care about their dominance in the 1940s? That's what the Cowboys are starting to look like with how long ago it has been since we mattered.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Just a reminder the guy in charge today is mentally the same guy from 35 years ago and has been every day since.

Note: Tom Landry was such a humble man. Telling the media he would soon be forgotten. It is still worth a chuckle after all this time even though he did not mean it as a joke.

jocks and socks........always a hill billie tool

75boyz

Reaction score
Advance apologies as my intention is not to carjack the premise of this thread:

And yep, Im originally a '70s and Landry Cowboy. Total respect for the man and what he represented.

But regardless of Landry's firing and Jerry's purchase of the team, who else here could have predicted that the day Jimmy left the building would be the very last championship you witnessed while still 6 feet above ground?

That's my most depressing reality that I share with many posters here who are close in age to me.

That we most likely wont see another trophy.

That's what really stings.
To me anyway.

jmo

75boyz

Reaction score
Advance apologies as my intention is not to carjack the premise of this thread:

And yep, Im originally a '70s and Landry Cowboy. Total respect for the man and what he represented.

But regardless of Landry's firing and Jerry's purchase of the team, who else here could have predicted that the day Jimmy left the building would be the very last championship you witnessed while still 6 feet above ground?

That's my most depressing reality that I share with many posters here who are close in age to me.

That we most likely wont see another trophy.

That's what really stings.
To me anyway.

jmo
And to note, I consider Switzer's championship still Jimmy's. Done with Jimmy's players and staff.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Amid all the cheapshots at Jerald, in the backs of your minds is "Jerald is a business genius, a billionaire x 3."

plasticman

Reaction score
And they say the game of football passed Tom Landry by. However, half of what you still see on TV when you watch an NFL game......Landry invented.

The game never passed Jerry Jones by. It flew at supersonic speed right over his head without even noticing him beginning on that very day.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Elon Musk is one of the richest people in the world but is also a total halfwit headcase.

Not everyone is obsessed with money like you
Halfway head case is redundant.

And, yes chap, I am obsessed with money.
I want to open a center for line dancing.