Twitter: Florio: Bill Belichick the favorite to replace Coach Mac

TheHerd

Reaction score
Belly hasn’t won anything without Brady on the team. Morris is a good coordinator but not head coach. Ben Johnson or Mike Vrabel
I’m all for trying to get Brady back on the field. He wouldn’t be worse.

Darthkuriboh

Reaction score
those that think numbers are everything are fools and still you did not answer the question:
IF brady was so great why did he lose three SBs?
Because nobody is perfect. However, Brady does not have a sub-.500 record without Belly

1942willys

Reaction score
So you’re skipping the facts of what he did? Clown. You think Bill Walsh was a winner without Montana and Young? Landry lost with Gary Hogeboom vs Staubsch etc. I swear people here are clueless
some people are so proud of their ignorance they double down again and again\
ANYONE thinks Brady was the key factor in that 20 year run is a football fool

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
I don't think Belichick is the answer. He preaches toughness but doesn't relate to the players. They don't feel like he is in the foxhole with them. Brady was his surrogate and kept the team connected to the coach. He also brings his family tree along with him and his two kids remind me of Jerry's.

Rayman70

Reaction score
If Bill B or Harbaugh called Jerry Tonight, Fat Mike would be gone by morning.

Havic

Reaction score
Everyone is saying BB is washed or w.e but tbh once he lost McDaniels, Mac Jones looked terrible. Bill B and McDaniels reunion in Dallas?

btgboys41

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Belichick with a GM is significantly better than Coach Mac. The fact that he believes in the D tackle position alone is an improvement. I believe game day he would blow the doors off of coach Mac. However, I would not let him bring his sons to join him.

TasteMyScythe

Reaction score
You people are nuts “bellicheck won nothing without Brady” the team he had was horrible… 0 talent the past couple years. He also was part in turning Brady into what he is today.

He commands instant respect the minute he walks in….. we’re immediately taken seriously by everyone. Other coaches and especially the refs (whose I’ve always believed are scared of BB).

This team needs a different mentality… and he walks in the room with instant credibility.
The mentality of the team needs to change and Bellichick will do that. Just like when Parcells came in.
The questions is, How would Jerry and Bellichick get along as work partners? We know that they are good friends, but as co-workers?
I guess it depends on BB and what he deems as necessary...maybe BB doesn't want the added pressure of being the GM too at this point in his career?
I do feel that wherever BB decides to go it will have to be a team that is "almost" there.