Florio: Dak to skip Cowboys' virtual offseason

Hadenough

Reaction score
And that is how you end up like the Commanders, Jaguars, Browns, Jets, etc. Commanders would've been much better had they built off of Cousins then have they done what they've done.

Instead of just giving Cousins what he wanted and earned....they had to give Alex Smith 90 million, trade for Case Keenum and draft Dwayne Haskins.....and in 2020 is here and they still have questions quarterback. Meanwhile, Vikings are just coming out of the playoffs with that Cousins guy.
Looking back they should of kept Cousins but if Alex Smith doesnt get that freak injury the Commanders would of won the division most likely.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
It will be interesting if a contract or tender hasn't been signed before the draft. Dangerous game to play by Prescott because you never know how it will work out in the draft.
I can see Tua dropping out of the top ten due to his injury history, if Hurts is available when the Cowboys pick in the second round will they pull the trigger?

Prescott wouldn't have an easy night that's for sure!

LOL! That's for sure. There's a part of me that would like to see that. :muttley:

Swagger

Reaction score
Looking back they should of kept Cousins but if Alex Smith doesnt get that freak injury the Commanders would of won the division most likely.

Yes to be fair, the Alex Smith injury was a complete freak incident and very sad. The dude could have lost his leg or even died due to the infection.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I highly doubt it. If you remember that year he was playing poorly. Commanders were winning in spite of him.

basel90

Reaction score
I am stuck on Dak's potentiality whether he can become post season dominant or elite. I think the latest offer and contractual years is a generous and fair one. And if we have an NFL season I would be quite excited about what this almost completely turned over coaching staff can do not only for Prescott but other key players and our 3 units. Never have I seen the level of dysfunction in a Cowboys coaching staff across all units as in 2019 with Moore possibly being the only exception. And it likely is not all on that coaching staff but general management/ownership as well. I guess blaming whomever or lamenting about it won't do any of us any good. Keep your fingers crossed that this coaching staff led by Mike McCarthy will bring this team to another level.
Very true . Hope MM coaches the team up to its potential.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
You realize Dallas would gain tremendous cap room by signing Dak, right.

His entire franchise tag of $32 million is applied in full to this year's cap. Under a new contract, Dak's cap hit would not be anywhere near that much.

Now you might not think he is worth that much, but apparently Dallas does or else they could just pull the tag at any time. They also could have used the non-exclusive tag which is $27 million and saved $5 milllion......but again, they did not.

Now ask yourself why. See, this is what posters dont get. Nobody is forcing the Cowboys to pay Dak a single penny. If they think he is not worth what he is asking, why didnt they just let him walk like they did Byron Jones? And if media reports are to be believed, its not the money per year that Dallas is balking at, its the years. Dallas wants a 5-6 year deal and Dak wants a 3-4 year deal. That is the issue, not the money per year.

lol..... your argument is full of as many holes as some swiss cheese.
Comparing a DB position to the QB position is ridiculous. You dont let a QB walk, unless you have another waiting. You think the colts would have moved on so easily from Manning if they didnt have Andrew Luck coming in? the Packers and Aaron Rodgers? Steve Young and Joe Montana? Thats why they dont let him walk.
The number of years is absolutely about nothing BUT THE MONEY. Dak wants a short deal so he can quickly come back to the table to get MORE MONEY. The Cowboys want a longer deal to lock into a contract that will not look to bad in 5 years from now.... NOTHING BUT THE MONEY.

Paying Dak the Franchise tag of 32 million for ONE YEAR doesnt destroy the team in regards to the cap.... paying dak 4 years at 38-40 million does destroy the team in regards to cap.
Do you think if Dak's name was Patrick Mahomes that we would be in this position, or would the Cowboys pony up 40 million per for 4 years and call it a day? The Cowboys want Dak, but they dont want him at Dak's ridiculous numbers. If they did, hed have already been signed.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
Paying Dak the Franchise tag of 32 million for ONE YEAR doesnt destroy the team in regards to the cap.... paying dak 4 years at 38-40 million does destroy the team in regards to cap.
Do you think if Dak's name was Patrick Mahomes that we would be in this position, or would the Cowboys pony up 40 million per for 4 years and call it a day? The Cowboys want Dak, but they dont want him at Dak's ridiculous numbers. If they did, hed have already been signed.
:clap::clap::clap::clap::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer: