Flozell Adams will need help Sunday.

Reaction score
Against James Harrison. This guy is a freakin' beast in the same class as DWare. I would say he is right behind the Warewolf of Dallas. Harrison created two fumbles Sunday against the Pats with a club move reminiscint of Lawrence Taylor in the 80s & 90s. Adams has been having a lot of trouble with quick, strong pass rushers, so we're going to have to put a back over there on every pass play to chip on Harrison.

Otherwise, he's going to create some turnovers & a lot of havoc. As we all know, Romo isn't the best QB at holding onto the ball. He can get away from one rusher coming from one direction, but if he has to deal with them coming from both directions, it will be Romo sandwich time.

That's why it is so important to have Barber healthy. Not only is he our best RB, but he is quick & strong enough to handle Harrison and/or Woodley for a second or so. Deon Anderson is going to have to be on his "A" game too, if we are going to stand a chance of beating their blitzes.

Man, those Steelers can draft great LBs, can't they? The jury was kind of out in the '07 draft on whether Woodley would make a good LB because of his speed in the 40. Not for the Steelers. All they look for is productivity. Woodley was a monster at Michigan, and he's a monster at Pittsburg. Our scouting dept. could learn a thing or two about finding & drafting beastly pass rushers.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Instead of Woodley, we have Anthony "The Beast" Spencer.

Reaction score
I think flo will be fine. Flo plays well against big comp, it's the guys he should dominate and doesn't which should be the worry.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Flo struggles with speed rushers, and Harrison doesn't really fit that category. Not saying he's slow, but he isn't what I would classify as a speed rusher. Flo will be fine in this game.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Seems lots of guys are having problems with Ware and Harrison. So I say take the practical approach. Protect Romo until Flo and Colombo tell the coaches they can handle their guys. Then you carefully open up your game.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
tony the "jedi" romo will take care of harrison.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
jobberone;2458507 said:
Seems lots of guys are having problems with Ware and Harrison. So I say take the practical approach. Protect Romo until Flo and Colombo tell the coaches they can handle their guys. Then you carefully open up your game.

I would do the exact opposite. I would open up the game with a deep pass to one of the weapons and set the tone early. First play of the game. Give the Steelers a shock and let them know that we don't respect their schtick.

Reaction score
Don Corleone;2458523 said:
I would do the exact opposite. I would open up the game with a deep pass to one of the weapons and set the tone early. First play of the game. Give the Steelers a shock and let them know that we don't respect their schtick.

deep to Owens!

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Don Corleone;2458523 said:

I meant open up the game by not using 2TEs and a RB in the backfield to max protect.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2458546 said:
deep to Owens!

I mean c'mon man! Why go there and play like a bunch of pansies? I'd punch them in the mouth for 60 minutes non-stop. All of this, "let's get comfortable and take calculated risks" stuff makes me sick.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
jobberone;2458556 said:
I meant open up the game by not using 2TEs and a RB in the backfield to max protect.

OK. I see your point. If I won that toss and got a decent kickoff return, I'd go 3 or 4 wide and let Romo chunk it on the first play. I'd get on the scoreboard early and often, especially if the weather and field conditions get progressively worse as the game goes on.

J-DOG

Reaction score
I think Flo will struggle if we take to many 5 and 7 step drops in our passing game.
Harrison is not only fast but quick.
He bends around the corner as good as anyone in the game right now.
You might get your hands on him but he is so stocky he uses great leverage to push the pocket.
I see Harrison as a quicker smaller version of Dwight Freeney in his hey-day.
This kind of pass rusher causes every Offensive Tackle problems.
The bad thing about playing the Steeler defense is that they have at least 2 guys on the field every play that you have to account for.
Palamalou and Harrison.
And the rest of that defense is pretty good too.
Everyone knows there role and Harrison and Palamalou are used to create havoc.
If we can score on this defense...I see good things for the rest of this month.

thekavorka

Reaction score
i'm worried this might be the Cardinals game part II. hopefully, romo can hold on to the ball this time...

masomenos

Less is more
Reaction score
If the Steelers just blitz Romo all day then they will get destroyed. Go ahead, send Woodley and Harrison and leave Polamalu on Witten and Bennett. Please, do that so there's no deep help on Roy and T.O. Or blitz and leave our TEs free up the seams.

And Harrison is absolutely not in the same class as Ware.

Rudy

Reaction score
God double damn, I am excited for this game more than any in a long while!

DMX690

Reaction score
I remember people were saying the something about Trent Cole last season and Flozell killed him. Flozell plays better when given a challenge.

alancdc

Reaction score
They can help Flo by starting out either running it right at him to slow him, or heaven forbid using a 3 step drop and throwing a slant to RW who simply can't be defended on that play.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Cogan;2458482 said:
Against James Harrison. This guy is a freakin' beast in the same class as DWare. I would say he is right behind the Warewolf of Dallas. Harrison created two fumbles Sunday against the Pats with a club move reminiscint of Lawrence Taylor in the 80s & 90s. Adams has been having a lot of trouble with quick, strong pass rushers, so we're going to have to put a back over there on every pass play to chip on Harrison.

Otherwise, he's going to create some turnovers & a lot of havoc. As we all know, Romo isn't the best QB at holding onto the ball. He can get away from one rusher coming from one direction, but if he has to deal with them coming from both directions, it will be Romo sandwich time.

That's why it is so important to have Barber healthy. Not only is he our best RB, but he is quick & strong enough to handle Harrison and/or Woodley for a second or so. Deon Anderson is going to have to be on his "A" game too, if we are going to stand a chance of beating their blitzes.

Man, those Steelers can draft great LBs, can't they? The jury was kind of out in the '07 draft on whether Woodley would make a good LB because of his speed in the 40. Not for the Steelers. All they look for is productivity. Woodley was a monster at Michigan, and he's a monster at Pittsburg. Our scouting dept. could learn a thing or two about finding & drafting beastly pass rushers.

If the field is going to be as bad as they keep making out like it is, then he won't. If it's a sloppy mess, he won't be able to speed rush off the edge because he will end up on his back and there is no way he is bull rushing Flozell.