Food poisoning

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
My brother and I are both enjoying a bout of food poisoning this Christmas. Don't know of it was the apple pie or the fajita.

Been about 28 years since the last time I had it. It is no bueno.

So yeah, spending this Christmas sleeping or sitting on the toilet with diarrhea or praying on it vomiting.

How's everyone else's Christmas so far?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
At least it's Saturday and you don't have to work tomorrow!

My family celebrated yesterday, and I was so stuffed with food that a bit of vomiting might have been okay.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Yeah I can't even think of food at the moment.

Good thing I'm accustomed to fasting. I don't think I'll eat anything but salt packets for a couple of days.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Yeah I can't even think of food at the moment.

Good thing I'm accustomed to fasting. I don't think I'll eat anything but salt packets for a couple of days.

You are draining your body from both end. You might want to eat and drink as soon as possible. It is not a good time to have a weakened body and immune system

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Push the fluids and sleep, my friend. On Monday start trying to get solid food.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
You are draining your body from both end. You might want to eat and drink as soon as possible. It is not a good time to have a weakened body and immune system
I tasted a little bit of chili powder to get some salt in my system. Even that made me quesy.

I looked in the fridge awhile ago and even that made me want to go sit on the throne.

rynochop

Reaction score
That's weird it's been 28 years or so for me too, on Christmas Eve. A freaking subway sandwich platter sent to my job was the culprit. Everyone that ate it had a miserable Christmas.
I was throwing up about every hour on the hour

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I got food poisoning from a hot dog once. Sucked. It took me yeeeeaaaaaars to be able to even touch a hot dog again. Just even thinking about a hotdog for a few weeks right after it happened made my stomach turn.

Hope you're feeling better.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Not food poisoning but I had a stomach virus two months ago. Was literally projectile vomiting for 8 hours straight with no more than 5 minutes between heave. And it was 8 pm to 4 am. One of the worst nights I could recall. Got less than an hour of sleep before I had to wake up to watch the newborn, then get the toddler ready for school, then work myself (at home), then pick up the toddler from school, then dinner, bed time for the kids, etc.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Before 2013, I had never had food poisoning or stomach bugs for the first 35 years of my life. I would scoff and downplay anyone describing to have them. "Boo-hoo...you got a little diarrhea and some stomach cramps". But God was listening, apparently.
I got first hand experience of a stomach bug in Germany that went just like below:

Not food poisoning but I had a stomach virus two months ago. Was literally projectile vomiting for 8 hours straight with no more than 5 minutes between heave. And it was 8 pm to 4 am. One of the worst nights I could recall. Got less than an hour of sleep....

Mine was coming out both ends. I was starting to get so dehydrated and thirsty but I couldn't even take a sip of water. It didn't make sense where all of these fluids were coming from after awhile. It felt like 5 gallons came out total.

I just remember thinking, when I was alternating on the pot between the geisers, "I totally had this coming to me".

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Not food poisoning but I had a stomach virus two months ago. Was literally projectile vomiting for 8 hours straight with no more than 5 minutes between heave. And it was 8 pm to 4 am. One of the worst nights I could recall. Got less than an hour of sleep before I had to wake up to watch the newborn, then get the toddler ready for school, then work myself (at home), then pick up the toddler from school, then dinner, bed time for the kids, etc.
Man, you must've had a sore chest, back, and throat for days after!

Creeper

Reaction score
My brother and I are both enjoying a bout of food poisoning this Christmas. Don't know of it was the apple pie or the fajita.

Been about 28 years since the last time I had it. It is no bueno.

So yeah, spending this Christmas sleeping or sitting on the toilet with diarrhea or praying on it vomiting.

How's everyone else's Christmas so far?

Feel better.

How do you know it is food poisoning. In the NY state area there is a stomach virus going around and it is getting a lot of people sick.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Got dysentery while in the field in Korea. Not a joke. Hope you feel better.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

That sounds like something I went through 23 years ago in Vegas. It wasn’t a stomach virus, I drank a warm beer. I forgot to refrigerate it and it sat at room temperature for several hours. It was so damn hot that day I just decided to go ahead and drink it. Only drank about half of it, the taste was bitter. About 40 minutes later I started sweating and throwing up. I threw up seven times in the span of six hours. The last two times there wasn’t anything coming up I was just going through the motion. It was the most nauseated I’ve ever been. I couldn’t sleep all night. I didn’t leave my hotel room for close to 36 hours. In just over a day I lost 5 pounds. It took until the evening the next day before I started feeling better. I went almost 48 hours without eating anything. The first thing I put in my stomach was a Diet Coke with crushed ice. Later on I was able to get a few french fries in me. It took three full days before I was back to normal. It was a horrible experience! It took two years before I drank another beer and I made sure it was COLD.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

Reminds me of some stomach bug that ran through my family a year or two ago.

My sister-in-law’s 4 year-old was Patient Zero. I’ve never seen or experienced something that was so contagious. Both of our families were all sick within 48 hours.

It gave me the runs and chills. I’m not exaggerating when I say this but at one point I was on the toilet and I had to call-out to my wife because I started getting tunnel vision and was going to pass out.

That brings up the question…if you gotta expel fluid, which do you prefer barfing or crapping?