Football.com (good mock draft)

nathanlt

Reaction score
VACowboy said:
Josh Bullocks is my choice for FS.

Josh Bullocks or James Butler for FS would be perfect. What gives Josh Bullocks the edge in your mind?

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Dyluke said:
http://www.football.com/draft/2005/mccollom_mock.shtml

Mock has us taking :
#11 - Braylon Edwards WR Michigan
#20 - Shawne Merriman DE/LB Maryland
# 42 - Brodney Poole FS Oklahoma

If the draft ended up going this way, i'm sure there would be many happy cowboy fans. Each pick would provide immediate upgrades at each posistion.
Aye. Excellent it if breaks that way. Edwards is my top WR, Merriman my top 3-4 OLB and Pool is a top safety who would obviously start next to his OU buddy, RW,

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Dyluke said:

Mock has us taking :

If the draft ended up going this way, i'm sure there would be many happy cowboy fans. Each pick would provide immediate upgrades at each posistion.

I'd rather go Baas Guard, Spears/Canty, Webster - CB, Burnett - LB or Williamson. Someone will drop in this group and we can snatch up in 2.

I see FS like Butler, Francisco, Young, Body as potential starters who can be had in Round 4. Jets Erik Coleman started out of the fate and was a 5th rounder.

S and LBers most value in last years draft........... We can get impact starters later in draft.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Aaron Francisco
S, Brigham Young
War Room analysis
Strengths: Is a savvy defender with a knack for stuffing the run. A solid tackler, he takes good angles in pursuit. A big playmaker in college, he can boost his stock with strong showings in the postseason all-star games.

Weaknesses: Hasn't excelled against the top level of competition. Must bulk up, especially in the lower body ( 6-1, 210?????? FS), to be an NFL run stopper. Lacks the quickness to match up man-to-man against speedier receivers and tight ends. (???? he's as fast as any safety in draft)

Bottom line: With his blend of physical ability and experience, Francisco should be an early-Day 2 pick. :D

Francisco was invited to play in the East-West Shrine Game and the Hula Bowl.

ghettogandhi

Reaction score
Dyluke said:

Mock has us taking :

This is not going to happen- edwards will be gone by the skins pick at 9-
Merriman will be gone by 15

I think this is more likely
Merriman at 11
Williamson at 20
Canty at 42

Reaction score
they have rolle going first to the 9ers :confused:

But I saw Blackstock going near the very bottom of the 2nd round it would be nice to pickup a 3rd round pick somehow and hopefully getting Blackstock in the 3rd that would be a huge steal. Merriman Dex Dat Blackstock :a-team:

bennihanna666

Reaction score
this draft leaves a big hole at CB. right now the cowboys need to worry about their DB's. When they went to the playoffs in 03' they had Blade, Ellis, Glover, and crap at the other DE spot. it would be nice to get a DE but it's not necessary. if Rolle, Davis, Mike Williams, Barron, and Alex Smith are gone then they need I would personally feel insulted if they went out and picked an Adm Jones or Shawne Merriman.