For all those who say Dak has to get outside the pocket

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
what Is your counter if teams play him like we played Russell in the playoffs?

Every defense knows this so for Dak to run where defenders are doesn’t make sense. The key is not for Dak himself to run outside the pocket, but for the whole pocket to move ala Kubiaks system.

As for the route tree, receivers we’re getting open just fine this year. To me the main change we need to see is more misdirection like the Rams used pre snap.

You’d be surprised if I told you post snap 95% of our playbook is the same as the Rams. At least according to Nate Newton. He being a former NFL player knows better than I or anyone else on this board.

The key is presnap which hopefully with some more things for defenses to think about opens up the run and the pass.

Rather than go Kansas City/New England and do a bunch of crazy formations, I’d like to see the Rams style implemented here. Mostly same formation, but give different looks out of it. That really helps in the predictability factor.

Willfreedom909

Reaction score

Every defense knows this so for Dak to run where defenders are doesn’t make sense. The key is not for Dak himself to run outside the pocket, but for the whole pocket to move ala Kubiaks system.

As for the route tree, receivers we’re getting open just fine this year. To me the main change we need to see is more misdirection like the Rams used pre snap.

You’d be surprised if I told you post snap 95% of our playbook is the same as the Rams. At least according to Nate Newton. He being a former NFL player knows better than I or anyone else on this board.

The key is presnap which hopefully with some more things for defenses to think about opens up the run and the pass.

Rather than go Kansas City/New England and do a bunch of crazy formations, I’d like to see the Rams style implemented here. Mostly same formation, but give different looks out of it. That really helps in the predictability factor.
Our offensive issue is simply predictability and lack of running in the end zone.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
It's not surprising since McVay said the same thing himself before the season started.

davidariust24

Reaction score
When we had Frederick and Ron Leary with Free, Martin and Smith, we didnt have to be unpredictable because we moved people. We didn't move people this season. We need to incorporate alot of new things from the rams and chiefs. We want to be a powerful physical team, but at the same time we want to be a team that can light you up if you only want to stop Zeke and/or the run game

Reactions: CWR

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That is what our offense was supposed to be baseman. A set of same formations but can run multiple plays from them.
However they seem to run the same plays and same formations.

It works for them, but not for us.

JustChip

Reaction score

And don't tie the formation and play to the specific personnel.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

If you watched these games and thought they had same play book as us then your just blind.