For all you Dak haters. Look what your hero Wentz has been up to

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
That's not why he's sucking.....he is not right. I don't like the guy but he had no OL and receivers last year. Something is off with him mentally. He's throwing bad passes even when he gets time to throw.
Well yea. Which, again, is why I'm saying he's not playing well.

He was off like this last year too, at times. Especially the first 6 weeks or so of the season.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
This past Sunday they both faced the same adversity. Both offensive lines were injured and both were down by nearly 20 points. Difference is Dak brought his team back down 20 points and Wentz did the same just to screw up and kill their chances.

I think Wentz has a high ceiling in this league. He'll never be Mahomes or Wilson but he has a ceiling to be after those guys. But in reality he's nowhere near his ceiling and based on how he's played his ceiling was hit in 2017 and now he's at his floor. A decent quarterback who needs weapons around him to succeed....just like every other quarterback.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Wins aren't a QB stat and I didn't compare him to Dak. The Cowboys only had 20 points, and Dak only threw for 160 yards anyways.

Idk what you are so sensitive about lol. Dak was bad to start 2018. His own processing and decisoin making played a part in it, but so did the piss poor receiving corps. It's no coincidence that he was a completely different player in December than he was in October.
He didn't lose the game though. You guys want stats or wins, dang y'all flip flop like crazy. Point is Dak didn't lose that giants game and had worst weapons then Wentz has this year and Wentz is the complete reason they lost both games. It's not comparable and it's not the same. Dak has never had a losing record and Wentz has........ with a superbowl winning team that he didn't win

Nexx

Reaction score
Dak haters out in full force after thinking Dak has only had one good game

Aren't y'all tired of Dak proving you wrong over and over again

He sure proved us wrong against the Rams and 1-6 vs winning teams last season... Great job Dak!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It was clutch but it was based on crap ton of horrible play in the first half, on our part. If you want to know the truth, the Defense won this game for us. How they last the entire game, I have no idea, as many times as the O left them with terrible field position. But never the less, Dak was clutch at times but so was the entire team. The pass to Coop, a huge play right? Overthrow but because Cooper made an outstanding catch, it's a big play. That's what I'm talking about. These guys who come out and blow on Dak's horn, they don't see it for what it is. This was an entire team win and it wasn't Dak being Clutch. It was the entire team but who cares right?

It is what it is I guess.

Poor guy. :muttley:
'
Your QB is great why dont you cry about it some more!!!

Cowboys News: How great was Dak? Really great

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/20...0-atlanta-falcons-greg-zuerlein-dak-prescott/

Last edited:

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Yeah I don't want to hear that crap AT ALL. All offseason all I heard about was Reagor is not that much worse than Lamb. Desean is healthy....still got Ertz and Goedert. That dude just sucks right now. No excuses need to be made for him.
Anybody defending Wentz has to have an agenda or they know absolutely zero when it comes to football

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Well yea. Which, again, is why I'm saying he's not playing well.

He was off like this last year too, at times. Especially the first 6 weeks or so of the season.

Truthfully he sucked last year too.

The narrative was changed to make it like he wheeled his team to the playoffs last year but I remember how it really happened.

He lost to the Patriots and Seahawks....which aye no shame in losing to those teams. In that same stretch lost to the Miami Dolphins and beat up on the NFC East to get into the playoffs. He showed up when poor opponents came to play...

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
He didn't lose the game though. You guys want stats or wins, dang y'all flip flop like crazy. Point is Dak didn't lose that giants game and had worst weapons then Wentz has this year and Wentz is the complete reason they lost both games. It's not comparable and it's not the same. Dak has never had a losing record and Wentz has........ with a superbowl winning team that he didn't win
Wentz as the reason they lost to Washington is a dumb take. And, for the second time, wins is not a QB stat.

You're acting like I'm saying Wentz is better than Dak. I'm not. Dak is the third-best QB in the league and he was last year too. But EVERY QB in the league needs a semblance of competency around them to get a fair grade.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Wentz as the reason they lost to Washington is a dumb take. And, for the second time, wins is not a QB stat.

You're acting like I'm saying Wentz is better than Dak. I'm not. Dak is the third-best QB in the league and he was last year too. But EVERY QB in the league needs a semblance of competency around them to get a fair grade.

Are you arguing though that Wentz doesn't have competency around him? Is that a reflection on him or the personnel? Because that personnel seems to play well when Wentz isn't out there.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He sure proved us wrong against the Rams and 1-6 vs winning teams last season... Great job Dak!

Cowboys were 2-4 dunce cap. But if your going to blame a QB for every loss then Dak has the 4th highest win percentage against winning teams over the last 4 years of all QB's. So once again, you lose on whatever stupid point you think you are making.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Truthfully he sucked last year too.

The narrative was changed to make it like he wheeled his team to the playoffs last year but I remember how it really happened.

He lost to the Patriots and Seahawks....which aye no shame in losing to those teams. In that same stretch lost to the Miami Dolphins and beat up on the NFC East to get into the playoffs. He showed up when poor opponents came to play...
I know. I don't think Wentz was this miracle worker that he's been painted as last year lol.

I've been saying that the Eagles suck, and that they sucked last year, and that the Cowboys greatest enemy in the division is the Cowboys. That has a lot to do with Wentz. Having said that, they'd be a lot different of a team with a legitimiate WR corps.

Redline360

Reaction score
This is the perfect example over skills vs hard work.
Wentz = better natural talent
Dak = hard work that pays off

Wentz turned into an injury prone & complete mess mentally after his injuries. Doesnt help he has trash recievers. Dak turned hard work into leadership and skill improvement.

Unless Wentz somehow does a 180 his time as a starter is slowly fading. Eagles should have kept Foles. For whatever reason when he plays for the Eagles something clicks with him

Last edited:

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score

Wentz has plenty of talent and he absolutely was the reason they lost to Washington. Up 17-0 and you throw 2 interceptions on back to back plays to the same receiver running the same route...... yep you get that blame. Hell Switzer got the blame for a lost against the Rams where he fumbled a punt in the first half and Dallas was still winning the game

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I have no issue pointing out bad play and yes I like everyone else has seen Dak play bad, I have seen Romo play bad and have said that as well when he was here and had a bad game. However does not change 1 simple fact and that is giving NO credit for great play and I don't think that should be hard to do. Hell Wilson played a great game vs Atlanta and people who cover the game are quick to say that was a great game and why? because it was, so what make it different for Dak. Great play is great play and should be acknowledge. Not hard to comprehend, then again we have those who are so obsessed in their dislike of Dak they can't even give him credit for a damn thing.

I'm sorry, I don't see the "No credit for great play" part you aspire to here. And what's more, that doesn't justify blanket statements like the ones you are suggesting. Great play is giving the Defense credit for Sunday's win. They were hung out to dry for the entire first half. They played againt true top 5 NFL QB and one of the best WR corps in the entire NFL. They played against Todd Gurley and held him to 61 yards and a 2.1 AYC on the day. But I don't see a lot of folks talking about the D. Of the points scored on Sunday, how many were actually off of drives put together by the Falcons and not off of mistakes from the Offense or STs? They hung in all day. They gave up 10 points in the entire second half, after having been on the field all of the first half. That, to me, is who should be getting some call outs but nope, I don't see it. Instead, it's all Dak and how all the haters need to sit down etc. Whatever, you guys can half it.

Great play is great play? Well, where's your great defense thread and where's your great OL play thread and where's your great Shultz play thread?...............

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Are you arguing though that Wentz doesn't have competency around him? Is that a reflection on him or the personnel? Because that personnel seems to play well when Wentz isn't out there.
These things don't have to be mutually exclusive. DJax and Jeffery are always injured, Arcega-Whitesdie certainly hasn't done anything without him, and neither has Reagor. Ertz and Goedert still get theirs and Agholor dropping easy ones has nothing to do with the QB. I'm not sure who this personnel is you're referring to.

The narrative that the talent around him did more when he wasn't there is expired. Too many different pieces since the SB, and the holdovers at WR aren't good players.