For all you PFF fans - Dallas has their 16th best roster

DanA

Reaction score
I think 16th is a little low considering how good the defense played last year and it basically remains the same with young players developing. We’re nowhere near the best but decent with potential to improve.

I dare say that if we’d kept Gregory, Cooper and Collins we’d be right near the top but I’m kind of of the opinion that we had to take a step back to move forward so not against those moves.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I think 16th is a little low considering how good the defense played last year and it basically remains the same with young players developing. We’re nowhere near the best but decent with potential to improve.

I dare say that if we’d kept Gregory, Cooper and Collins we’d be right near the top but I’m kind of of the opinion that we had to take a step back to move forward so not against those moves.

DanA----how if we kept those people we be right at top...but losing those guys and taking a step back is really moving forward.....not being a "hater" just an old man easily confused

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
The next time I listen to Jeff Cavanaugh will be my first.

There are few I put any real stock in. Sturm, typically, has some good stuff and backs it up with video.
I bet Sturm thinks we've got a much better roster than PFF does. Sturm would laugh at you for using PFF as your basis to mock.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Did the Bengals do some crazy stuff this off season to improve their roster? They ranked them 24th last year. Now they're at 8.

They did try to fix their offensive line in free agency, but PFF is probably correcting some for last year, too. That's the problem with judging rosters in the offseason. It doesn't take into account players who turn out better (or worse) than expected.

Flamma

Reaction score
Flamma----i am hoping for a serious 70's and 90's miracle cowboy season....we have enough talent...leave DC alone he will put our defense right position to be their best only concerned about OC who has not lived

up to his hype....but there is always a first time....so let it be this season....PFF makes me sick....i hope Cowboys come week 12 are seen nothing but BEAST-MODE and every team fears them.....if the 2011

Giants who were 6-6 at week 12 and went on to AGAIN put the hurt on Brady and Pats to win superbowl....why cant we????....we have tried everything so now its miracle time.....dont care on paper what

any other team looks like.....we can beat em all straight up...that is my story and i am sticking to it

I like the optimism. We truly do have a lot of unknowns going into this season. A best case scenario can happen. We're also not used to a good defense. If ours steps it up a notch, anything is possible.

There's really a lot to look forward to on defense. Will Tank step up? Will Osa and or Gallimore improve? I think they will. What about DT Hill? Will Joseph beat out Brown at CB? That alone would be great. Some other players to look at as well. If the Cowboys can step it up defensively it will take some of the pressure off of the offense. We're not used to that. These are a lot of things PFF can't really judge.

Havic

Reaction score
Eagles at 7, I am assuming they think Hurts takes the next leap forward?

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Philly has their 7th. Washington is basically tied with us at 17.

This creates quite the connundrum for those PFF fan boys on this board that love to use their rankings to show how awesome some of our players are and how fans are wrong to criticize some of our players. PFF thinks we have a pretty middling, average roster.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-roster...hs-weaknesses-x-factors-every-starting-lineup

Seems about right. Might make the playoffs, won't do anything if they actually get there.

Now buy those season tickets and jerseys, for Jerry's sake of course. Go Cowboys! :rolleyes:

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Philly has their 7th. Washington is basically tied with us at 17.

This creates quite the connundrum for those PFF fan boys on this board that love to use their rankings to show how awesome some of our players are and how fans are wrong to criticize some of our players. PFF thinks we have a pretty middling, average roster.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-roster...hs-weaknesses-x-factors-every-starting-lineup
I dont really disagree with us being 17th, but I cant agree with Philadelphia at 7 or Washington at 17. If anything Philadelphia should be close to tied with us and Washington to be in the bottom 5