For Dak Prescott To Elevate His Game, He Must Meet His Receivers In The Middle

fansince68

Reaction score
Very interesting graphic. What's the fear of the intermediate to deep middle? In Daks mind, is it safer to throw to the sideline due to the boundary? I'm sure our opponents have this chart as well. Does this look like the graphic chart of a 34 million dollar qb?

Eanwen

Reaction score
Until Cooper got here, no WR's could get open deep middle.

Also notice the graph doesn't include week 12 and 14.

Well that might be true but iirc this graph is close to what the 2016 season was as well. Hopefully it's something Moore can address.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Well you know what they say about late throws over the middle. If they start focusing on hitting the middle it needs to be his primary read. Timing is crucial on these throws.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Between this post and Kellen's Genius idea of reading defenses for Dakie-Poo. . . . Why is he requesting 34 Million & Why do Dak Slobberers want to pay him and not Zeke?

Asking for a Friend . . . Huge Dak Hater (pssss. . . I think he's an Eagles Fan. . . totally hates the Cowboys, if you ask me)

Dez & Beasley suck . . . :yourock:

Linehan is an idiot:thumbdown:

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Between this post and Kellen's Genius idea of reading defenses for Dakie-Poo. . . . Why is he requesting 34 Million & Why do Dak Slobberers want to pay him and not Zeke?

Asking for a Friend . . . Huge Dak Hater (pssss. . . I think he's an Eagles Fan. . . totally hates the Cowboys, if you ask me)

Dez & Beasley suck . . . :yourock:

Linehan is an idiot:thumbdown:

'Cause Zeke quit on the team vs the Rams, & now won't show up in camp. Good riddance, Pollard is more versatile as a reciever. And has 4.34 speed.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
One needs the receivers who can run crisp routes, be quick enough to gain separation and be willing to hold on to the ball when running a route over the intermediate-to-deep throws since that area is best known for getting hit the hardest during the catch. Maybe that had a lot to do with it? At least this season the Cowboys seem to have plenty of talent willing to run such daring routes.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

The Dink and Dunk "King" lives baby!!!!!
Most of his passes are from -4 yard to + 5 yards and forget about the middle for Dak that requires accuracy you know the ball needs to be placed between the LB and Safety's which is just TROUBLE when it pertains to our running QB Mr. Prescott.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Dak likes to throw short safe throws. His deep shots are usually when a WR is wide open. He rarely will throw the ball over the middle of the field on deep crosses when the CB is trailing the WR by 6 feet. He isnt consistent with his accuracy. This to me is also directly related to the redzone issues.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak likes to throw short safe throws. His deep shots are usually when a WR is wide open. He rarely will throw the ball over the middle of the field on deep crosses when the CB is trailing the WR by 6 feet. He isnt consistent with his accuracy. This to me is also directly related to the redzone issues.

In order for Dak to throw the long ball the CB has to be on the ground for various reasons and our WR to be open by 5 yards+
By the way the above requires many seconds to develop hence the 58 sacks!

Hadenough

Reaction score
In order for Dak to throw the long ball the CB has to be on the ground for various reasons and our WR to be open by 5 yards+
By the way the above requires many seconds to develop hence the 58 sacks!
Dak holds onto the ball wayyy too long. Half those sacks were his own fault. I think guys are open but Dak is so hesitant to throw the mid range ball.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Redzone throws are not considered deep throws. So he is a dink-n-dunk passer who refuses to throw middle deep passes which also is related to redzone issues? Contradiction much HE?

Hadenough

Reaction score
I think what we are going to see this year is Moore being frustrated b
Redzone throws are not considered deep throws. So he is a dink-n-dunk passer who refuses to throw middle deep passes which also is related to redzone issues? Contradiction much HE?
The coverage is tighter and its all related to accuracy. Duh

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Dak holds onto the ball wayyy too long. Half those sacks were his own fault. I think guys are open but Dak is so hesitant to throw the mid range ball.
Dak got sacked 58 times in 2018. You're saying half (29) of those sacks are Dak's fault? :facepalm: Talk about back door talk.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score

If Jarwin is the real deal, Dak will use middle of the field more.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I think what we are going to see this year is Moore being frustrated b

The coverage is tighter and its all related to accuracy. Duh
Yeah, that's why Dak has achieved the highest accuracy in "tight window throws" out of all starting QBs 2 out of the last 3 seasons, with the 2018 season being one of them.

Want to try again?