For Jerry Jones, blame for Cowboys' streak starts with him

RS12

Reaction score
“I haven’t looked at what would have to happen for us to win the division, which would seem like the only logical way to look at it,” Jones said after Sunday’s 10-6 loss to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. “We needed these last two, three, four ballgames. We’ve been in a situation where we needed wins and we’re not getting them and that’s a hard price to pay even though we’ve got a chance to be a better team with Romo. But still, we’re not getting it done and that’s beginning with me.

“That’s right where the responsibility is and we should be able to do better than we’ve done the last seven games.”

Out of sheer law of averages, Jones believes the Cowboys should have won at least a couple of these games. He often refers to the design for parity in the NFLas a reason for hope.

But every weakness of the roster has been exposed during the seven-game losing streak, from the decision to not do more to keep DeMarco Murray or sufficiently fill his departure, to solidifying the backup quarterback spot, to finding more veteran receiver help, to the decision to add Greg Hardy.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowb...ones-blame-for-cowboys-streak-starts-with-him

RS12

Reaction score
to the decision to add Greg Hardy.

Until now I thought they would bring him back. To be who he is, he has to produce a lot more to put up with it. Not looking like he is worth it. Problem is, it creates another hole.

RS12

Reaction score
Out of sheer law of averages, Jones believes the Cowboys should have won at least a couple of these games. He often refers to the design for parity in the NFLas a reason for hope.

You are on the right track here Jerry. Think hard. What does this tell you?

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Just empty words Jerry, there's no consequences for your actions or decisions. Is this just a weak attempt to deflect criticism from your red-headed savior? You would think after 20 years of this, you would learn. It doesn't make a difference if you take responsibility if you're not willing to make a change.

Gaede

Reaction score
Setting up nicely for the annual 'man in the mirror' speech and a couple of scapegoat firings

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
blame him, blame him ******. Just understand that nothing will change with regard to his role.

"I'm the one out front."
"I'm the one with my neck on the line."
"I'm the ultimate decision maker for this franchise."
"In every business I've ever owned, I've had it structured this way."
"Pressure?, this isn't pressure. Pressure is having all your credit cards torn up at Love Field."
"the unique way we are structured, gives us the best chance at success."

blah, blah, blah. same old, same old. Been listening to the same nonsense from Jerry for however many seasons. He can fire this coach, coaching staff, whatever. If he brings in the next coach and continues to enable the players and essentially neuter the coach like he has done with every stinking coach outside of Johnson (couldn't work with him any longer after back to back SBs) and Parcells, then its just rinse...repeat....rinse...repeat. Sick of it.

2014 was a real outlier.