For the sign Zeke at all costs crowd

kskboys

Reaction score
I’m just not willing to sacrifice this season. And our immediate future.

We can sign Elliott now. Put Dak off until next year. And Cooper too. Possibly even use the Tag next year on him.

This window with this core is only a couple more years anyway. Our OL is already aging and getting beat up and our key stars on defense will need new contracts in a couple years.

The Future is Now.
The future MIGHT be now. Maybe. If Dak isn't it, then it is not. Rather find out immediately.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We knew our two sensational Rookies window to win a championship was going to be 4 or 5 years.

We’ve already wasted 2 real opportunities to take this franchise to a championship appearance. One or two more years and it’s over with this Core talent.

I can’t imagine after paying them having a greater supporting cast than we do right now.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The future MIGHT be now. Maybe. If Dak isn't it, then it is not. Rather find out immediately.
I hear ya. Unfortunately I think Dak is going to be it regardless if we think he is or not. I believe Jerry is already All In. It’s just a matter of how much.

Once we accept Jerry’s intent then I’d ask, when are we going to be able to surround Dak with this level supporting cast?

And why Id argue the time to win is now. Cause once we pay them eventually there will be others we won’t be able to pay.

This year or next might be our best shot with Dak.

kskboys

Reaction score
We knew our two sensational Rookies window to win a championship was going to be 4 or 5 years.

We’ve already wasted 2 real opportunities to take this franchise to a championship appearance. One or two more years and it’s over with this Core talent.

I can’t imagine after paying them having a greater supporting cast than we do right now.
Maybe they'd take a shorter deal for a ton of money?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Maybe they'd take a shorter deal for a ton of money?
I think that’s a great idea. Offer Zeke a big 2 year deal to replace Final two years on current contract.

Dak, we can actually wait on. And Cooper appears to want to wait. He’s making like over 13 million this year anyway.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
It’s big, but when I said “that much of a difference” I was referring to the guy who said we could be the best offense in the league. I don’t think Fred’s return and the addition of Cobb will bring it from where we were, slightly below average offense, to best in the league.

Even if we had every starter healthy, I don’t think we would have the best offense in the league. There are other rosters, and obviously coaching, that I would put my money on before this team (as far as best offense). Although I do think our O line will be top 3, top 5 at worse barring any injuries. Wouldn’t be surprised to see them number one honestly.
Nah, I don't see them number 1 either. KC, Saints etc. have explosive offenses and as a run the ball minded team I don't think Dallas will score like that. I expect around 28 points a game or so.

aria

Reaction score
Nah, I don't see them number 1 either. KC, Saints etc. have explosive offenses and as a run the ball minded team I don't think Dallas will score like that. I expect around 28 points a game or so.
Yeah, that’s all I meant by it. Having Fred back is definitely a huge deal just not “that” huge, as in number one offense huge.

willia451

Reaction score
He's under contract. He can't sign anywhere else for the next 2 years.

Right. Meaning he can come back into the the NFL at 26 after having two years to rest and regenerate to a huge payday. Don't think someone would sign him because of the plantation factor? I wonder what Le'Veon Bell thinks about that?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Jerry cant let the team get rolled by Zeke, it sets a very bad precedent.

A lot of young players on this roster are watching and if you set the new precedent that the team will redo contracts after just 3 seasons, then it will be a free for all. Every agent will want a piece of the pie and if you say no, they will respond "well you did it for x, y, and z, why not us"?

Maybe LVE decides he needs to be the highest paid LB in the NFL after his third season? Says pay me, until then I will be in Cabo.

Like I said, very bad precedent to be setting on a team with a lot of young talent.

jay94

Reaction score
Who’s better?

Saquon?
Zeke averaged more yards per game rushing and overall(rushing/receiving) over a larger sample size.

Same with McCaffrey and Kamara.

One of our lineman may be better than the whole Giants squad.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Hasn't changed my mind at all. Can Pollard do this game after game because that's what he's going to have to do. He does look good though.

From the looks of things at this point in time, we might have to find out if he can handle it. I'm so fed up with Zeke that I'm about ready to try. On the other hand, it surely doesn't seem fair to Pollard to expect so much of an unseasoned rookie. This is undoubtedly a disgusting situation all around, just because of an entitled blockhead of a RB who selfishly thinks he's justified in holding his team hostage. It's time for Jerry to start fining him.

Last edited:

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
Hasn’t changed one bit, only reinforced my thoughts. Fine Zeke, trade Zeke, or let him sit and pout like the entitled bully brat he is. Roll with Pollard/Morris and draft a RB next year.

Yep... Pretty much. Can't sign one player this season and possibly not be able to sign any FA's next season that could have an impact or keep other starters that are legit from leaving. Still think QB and WR are more important to sign. I do wish all three could get the money they want. I wish all of em could, but, not the case. IMO, Zeke isn't worth hemorrhaging next season and the season after. Salary cap hell sucks, See the early 2000's for reference.