Twitter: For those interested in the annual draft hat, here it is

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That’s an ugly design

There are many of ugly hats out there. Last time I went to the pro shop at the stadium which was at least 5 months ago, there was maybe 3 hats I liked out of about 30 designs. And that is just a guess on that number 30.

Of course those three some may not like and pick 3 different ones. :laugh:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
It's been 40 years. I would think most fans have accepted it as a marketing slogan by now.

I no longer snicker when I see "Champagne of Beers" on a bottle of Miller either.

Could it be that you're somewhat biased? If you think other fans view it that harmlessly, think again. They see us as arrogant a-holes.

CPanther95

Reaction score
Could it be that you're somewhat biased? If you think other fans view it that harmlessly, think again. They see us as arrogant a-holes.

At the time they started marketing it, I thought it was arrogant, especially since the Steelers won the SB that year. But it's been a slogan for so long, I no longer view it as a declaration every time it is used in their marketing.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
At the time they started marketing it, I thought it was arrogant, especially since the Steelers won the SB that year. But it's been a slogan for so long, I no longer view it as a declaration every time it is used in their marketing.

You likely saw it correctly at your first impression. Fans of opposing teams don't give it that much thought, then we wonder why they hate us.

CPanther95

Reaction score
You likely saw it correctly at your first impression. Fans of opposing teams don't give it that much thought, then we wonder why they hate us.

Well, at the time they asked Art Rooney if he felt the Steelers are more America's Team than the Cowboys. He said, "We aren't America's Team, we are Pittsburgh's team."

So that kind of set the tone for what I felt after that. We have our team, let the rest of America have whatever team they want.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
nfl-draft-pick-hats-new-era-photos.jpg

For all those bellyaching about the America's team and how it hurts us and how people think blah blah blah...Each hat has some kind of goofy nickname or slogan for the teams.

Giants..>Big Blue
Jets...J E T S
Browns... Dawg Pound
49ers...NINERS

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Well, at the time they asked Art Rooney if he felt the Steelers are more America's Team than the Cowboys. He said, "We aren't America's Team, we are Pittsburgh's team."

So that kind of set the tone for what I felt after that. We have our team, let the rest of America have whatever team they want.

I still think Landry was right from the get-go. He had enough sense to know what offends other teams when our GM didn't. Especially when we haven't done diddly in over 20 years. We can always agree to disagree.

CPanther95

Reaction score
nfl-draft-pick-hats-new-era-photos.jpg

For all those bellyaching about the America's team and how it hurts us and how people think blah blah blah...Each hat has some kind of goofy nickname or slogan for the teams.

Giants..>Big Blue
Jets...J E T S
Browns... Dawg Pound
49ers...NINERS

Well, slogan aside, it looks like all teams have the same design. Didn't realize they had special draft gear every year

Can't believe the NFL Draft (must capitalize it now, like the Super Bowl) has become such a huge event. Pretty soon there will be parades and they'll start auctioning off the pick cards for charity.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score

It is like they decided to go with the worst most garbagy slogans to go with all teams to appeal to the casual imbecile willing to spend 30 bucks on a stupid hat.