For those interested in the new stadium...enjoy

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
CowboyChris;2306764 said:
the one thing i hope doesnt happen with this stadium as with the old stadium, is how the field is half shaded. in some of the pics in this thread you can some parts of the field shaded.
Even if they figured out a way to keep the shaded area to a minimum, it seems like shadows will still be an issue on the field in the new stadium. Don't forget there's always going to be an 60-yard long shadow right in the middle of the field, about the width of the hashmarks.

Noon starts could be an adventure, with receivers and returners trying to pick up long passes, punts and kickoffs going into and out of the video board's shadow.

And those are some really cool pix.

DallasGirl50

Reaction score
Wow that is beautiful!

They sure have done a ton of work very quickly.

Jerry Land indeed!:starspin

poke

the older I get the better I was
Reaction score
percyhoward;2306909 said:
Even if they figured out a way to keep the shaded area to a minimum, it seems like shadows will still be an issue on the field in the new stadium. Don't forget there's always going to be an 60-yard long shadow right in the middle of the field, about the width of the hashmarks.

Noon starts could be an adventure, with receivers and returners trying to pick up long passes, punts and kickoffs going into and out of the video board's shadow.

And those are some really cool pix.

i have heard that the roof is gonna be closed for most games, with the sliding doors open when weather permits so maybe the shadows wont be an issue.
i have no link, cant remember where i heard, read or saw this, plus i dont
really care i just wanna hurry and see a game there !!

CowboysFan73

Reaction score
I drove by the new stadium last weekend when I was down there for the game. I can't explain how excited I am about this new building! I stood in the Wal-Mart parking lot for close to an hour just staring at it! Its unbelievable! These pics just fuel the fire for me. Thanks for posting!

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
theogt;2306830 said:
I wonder if we'll get a chance to come scope out our seats before it opens.

Judging from one of the pix, each seat has its own star. Awesome.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
theogt;2306830 said:
I wonder if we'll get a chance to come scope out our seats before it opens.

I wonder too. Stephen jones hinted that the league is thinking about having a
"spring game" like college teams do and maybe as soon as next year. He was saying wouldnt it be great to have 100,000 people watching the cowboys play themselves in may!!!!

anyway, I bet they have an open practice again next year.

That first preseason game is going to be something else.