For those not able to watch the Cowboys play on Saturday

Draegerman

Internet Somebody
Reaction score
I received the dreaded email from DirecTv today that informed me that Telemundo isn't offered in my area. So my options were limited with how I could spend my Saturday night - there were two:

1) Turn off the tv. Don't log on to the internet. Refuse to answer the phone (because I know that my friends and family would want to talk about how the Cowboys played). Basically, I would need to become a recluse for the whole day so that I could watch a tape-delayed broadcast on Sunday on the NFL Network and have this hollow feeling that I was watching the game live without knowledge of its outcome. This option has a huge downside for me because I usually crack under pressure and become desperate to find out how the Cowboys have fared in their first preseason game. Plus, one will usually get the best information from this website while the game is in play before the knuckleheads show up and start bickering amongst themselves the following day.

2) Track the game live on the internet. NFL.com usually does a good job of providing real-time stats and then I could surf over here to get more feedback from all of you. I can also listen to the game live on internet radio by going to this very reliable website:

http://thegamelive.com/footballnfl.html#nfc

The website will give you several radio stations as options that are bound to carry the Cowboys game live (normally has a 3-5 second delay).

Weighing both of my options, I have to confess that #2 looks pretty good to me right now. So that's what I'm choosing to do plus I noticed that the NFL Network will be flipping back and forth to all the preseason games scheduled that evening, perhaps I'll get lucky and catch a little bit of the game on tv as well. Then, I get to look forward to watching the tape-delayed broadcast of the game in its entirety on Sunday at 5:00 pm est on the NFL Network.

Hopefully, these options will be helpful to those of you that are in the same predicament as me.

Good luck to all and enjoy the game!

Draegerman

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
It's preseason, and 90% of what happens doesnt mean a thing (typically, the only important factor is no injuries)

I wouldnt sweat missing one game. I myself have to work till 11 tomorrow and will only get to see maybe the 4th period when the 8th stringers are in.

Byrdman1531

Reaction score
I am in the same boat as you man. But I decided to bring the CPU over to the TV, then watch No Huddle while listening to the game over the Speakers.

Thats waht I did last year and it worked pretty well.

Plus there is only 1 or two other games going on while the Cowboys are playing and thats the Saints-Titans which I am VERY interested in watching.

Draegerman

Internet Somebody
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
It's preseason, and 90% of what happens doesnt mean a thing (typically, the only important factor is no injuries)

I wouldnt sweat missing one game. I myself have to work till 11 tomorrow and will only get to see maybe the 4th period when the 8th stringers are in.
Alrighty then ;). I know that there are a few that feel as you do, HeavyHitta. But my post was really intended for those that fall into the catagory of "diehard fans". I'm one of them and I'm certain that I'm not alone here. So it's almost guaranteed that there are some that will find this information quite useful.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Draegerman said:
Alrighty then ;). I'm know that there are a few that feel as you do, HeavyHitta. But my post was really intended for those that fall into the catagory of "diehard fans". I'm one of them and I'm certain that I'm not alone here. So it's almost guaranteed that there are some that will find this information quite useful.

I'm as diehard as anyone, but there are 3 other preseason games that will all go much the same way. I just have a hard time making special plans just to see a game in which I care more about how many kicks Vanderjagt makes than the final score.

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
I hope to raise the radio feed via internet tomorrow and I'll watch the NFL Network delayed broadcast on Sunday. I don't care what the score is. I just want to see the young players play.

Draegerman

Internet Somebody
Reaction score
ZeroClub said:
I hope to raise the radio feed via internet tomorrow and I'll watch the NFL Network delayed broadcast on Sunday. I don't care what the score is. I just want to see the young players play.
I think that you will be pleasantly surprised in getting the radio broadcast of the game if you use the internet link that I provided. It was extremely reliable for me last year for Cowboy preseason games as well as the current Ranger games for this season.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
I decided I wanted to do a self blackout...but being a Mod and all, I need to spend time here...ya bastids. :banghead: ;)

Draegerman

Internet Somebody
Reaction score
SupermanXx said:
uh, ever hear of a sports bar?
What makes you think that a sports bar will be televising the game in the same local area where Telemundo isn't being offered?

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
The NFL needs to introduce NFL.tv the way that MLB does. They could make so much money from out of market fans desperate to watch their team of choice.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
You beat me to it Dragerman ;) I was gonna post a link tomorrow. I use the game live for Mets and 76ers games i don't get on the MLB and NBA package. I too am one of those guys that can't possibly miss one second of any game even if it's PS(that goes for all my teams). Heck, i'd watch practice if i could. There's NO SUCH THING as a meaningless Cowboys game. This is the most important and interesting PS in years. Good job with the link!!!!!

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
SupermanXx said:
damn shame
Yeah, but it isn't bad during the regular season.

I've got NFL Sunday Ticket piped into the 60 inch Sony in my living room.

Life could be much worse.

SupermanXx

Benched
Reaction score
ZeroClub said:
Yeah, but it isn't bad during the regular season.

I've got NFL Sunday Ticket piped into the 60 inch Sony in my living room.

Life could be much worse.

sweet setup, man

once I graduate, I'll be able to afford that kind of tv

I live in Dallas so I get all the games, and our tv/sound is good enough for now

Big Dakota

Reaction score
ZeroClub said:
Some places don't have sports bars.

You must live in a small town. I live in South Dakota and know 99.9% of the towns in this state wouldn't have a sports bar. I happen to live in the 2nd biggest town so i'm lucky i can go to a SB for all the Reg. season games. I had a dish for years becasue i used to live in a smaller town. One bar had the ticket but only had like 10 TVs and showed the stupid Vikes, Packer, Bears, Bucs most of the time because of all the NFC Central fans up here(that was a while back when there was still a NFC C) A new sports bar just went up here with 12 50 inch plasma TVs and 20 32" plasma's and the owner is a COWBOYS FAN!!!!!! It's gonna be fun :) I do spend a heck of a lot more cash at the bar than i would if i had the ticket, i will say that. It's fun though. I like being around 10-20 Cowboys fans during the game.

DA FAN

Reaction score
ZeroClub said:
Some places don't have sports bars.

Yes, but.....

Most places have chichi bars. sometimes they carry the games, if not then you can enjoy the entertainment .;)

:laugh1: :laugh1:

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
Big Dakota said:
You must live in a small town. I live in South Dakota and know 99.9% of the towns in this state wouldn't have a sports bar. I happen to live in the 2nd biggest town so i'm lucky i can go to a SB for all the Reg. season games. I had a dish for years becasue i used to live in a smaller town. One bar had the ticket but only had like 10 TVs and showed the stupid Vikes, Packer, Bears, Bucs most of the time because of all the NFC Central fans up here(that was a while back when there was still a NFC C) A new sports bar just went up here with 12 50 inch plasma TVs and 20 32" plasma's and the owner is a COWBOYS FAN!!!!!! It's gonna be fun :) I do spend a heck of a lot more cash at the bar than i would if i had the ticket, i will say that. It's fun though. I like being around 10-20 Cowboys fans during the game.

Where I live their arent lot of 'sports bars' but an assload of bars that show sports, have direct TV, and have awesome HD-tv's.