For those of us who are old schoolers or for those who appreciate our past...........

JakeCamp12

Reaction score
I would rather wear a Q. Carter jersey then a modern day Roger Staubach away jersey.... talk about disrespecting the past...makes me sick to see this type of thing.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Those replica throwbacks (the ones from last years thanksgiving game) are just the sweetest ever IMO.

JakeCamp12

Reaction score
Brainpaint, I totally agree, but would you want a cliff harris or harvey martin jersey like that knowing they never wore the jersey in their careers?

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
JakeCamp12 said:
I would rather wear a Q. Carter jersey then a modern day Roger Staubach away jersey.... talk about disrespecting the past...makes me sick to see this type of thing.

After looking at them closer I agree. I actually thought they would be more like the originals. But you are right. That's kinda crazy when you think about it.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Those replica throwbacks (the ones from last years thanksgiving game) are just the sweetest ever IMO.

I totally agree, my Roy Williams ThanksGiving Day throwback is SO SWEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got to thank my daughter for getting me that one for my birthday.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
THUMPER said:
I totally agree, my Roy Williams ThanksGiving Day throwback is SO SWEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got to thank my daughter for getting me that one for my birthday.

Boy Thumper, did you raise her right! :thumbup:

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
The fact that they threw the old-timers' names on the backs of modern-day jerseys doesn't bother me that much.

I have a vintage Staubach jersey from the 1972 season and it's pretty uncomfortable ... heavy material (can wear it in the winter time only) and you could drive a Volkswagen through the neck hole.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
The guys who wore those jerseys would make one hell of a core to build a team around. They would kick *** and not worry about names.
:star:

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:

On the Nosey, BP.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Chief said:
The fact that they threw the old-timers' names on the backs of modern-day jerseys doesn't bother me that much.

I have a vintage Staubach jersey from the 1972 season and it's pretty uncomfortable ... heavy material (can wear it in the winter time only) and you could drive a Volkswagen through the neck hole.

Please don't try this at home boys and girls.

Realllllly, Chief.....we have some very impressionable members here.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
I wish they'd recreate the older jerseys to a "T" -- from the lettering, to the size and spacing of the numbers, to the colors of the jersey -- but make them out of today's "high performance" material for the comfortability factor.

Is there any sort of legality that could prevent the Cowboys from making the blue Staubach throwback, say, like the blue ones they actually wore back then? I think the white ones are OK, but a double-starred Staubach/Dorsett jersey is very strange.

Could you imagine if they recreated the white jersey from the 70s era, or a blue from the 80s-to-early 90s, etc -- looking like the ones back then, but in today's material? I would think they'd be a hot item, but maybe that's just me.

Irving Cowboy

The Chief
Reaction score
Dale said:
I wish they'd recreate the older jerseys to a "T" -- from the lettering, to the size and spacing of the numbers, to the colors of the jersey -- but make them out of today's "high performance" material for the comfortability factor.
Mitchell and Ness would do it if Jerry would let them... but he won't. He's got a stranglehold on any licensing for apparel... I don't know why he doesn't let them or just go ahead and make them himself. He would make a killing off us old-time fans!!!