For those of you wanting Wade Phillips replaced.

ChrisCanty99

Reaction score
I don't like Wade much as head coach, but I am loving his defense right now.

After all these years, the D finally looks fixed. We'll see if the O just had a bad week with Tony in Pittsburgh or if there are real problems.

What's killing me right now is imagining a healthy O line and Felix.

Regardless of whether Wade stays or goes, special teams need to be completely overhauled.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Boysboy;2479947 said:
Uh-Jerry gave Parcells alot of leeway. When Tuna wanted to part ways with Larry Allen, Jerry granted him his wishes. When Tuna wanted to draft Jacob Rogers DESPITE all the scouts warning him not to, Jerry granted him his wishes. When Tuna wanted Vinny T one year, and Bledsoe the next, only to ride Romo on the bench for so long, Jerry granted him his wishes. When Tuna wanted to trade for old-man, albeit disgruntled Meshawn, Jerry granted him his wishes. When Jerry wanted TO, he and Stephen asked Tuna over(and over and over again) whether he was OK with the deal before anything was signed off.

Hey-sounded to me like Jerry did everything to bend backwards and forwards when Bill P was here.

The question is would Jurha do that again?
And remember Jurha has always said he gets the final decision no matter what.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
dbair1967;2479954 said:
Jones can get any coach he wants, and any coach would take this job if they are interested in coaching in the NFL. it's the premier job in the lague, if not all of sports.

It's ******** for people to continue to suggest Jones cant get a good coach for whatever reason. He wants to win badly, he will spend money on players, he has a money factory of a stadium about to open and he can pay coaches bigtime $$$. Coaches that want to win want those things.

Then he needs to step aside.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Batman;2479890 said:
I will be the first to admit, he is not the best coach in the NFL. While he is not the best coach, on a scale of good to bad, Wade definitely would be more in the direction of good than bad. So this leads me to ask those of you have want Wade gone - who would you replace him with????

I am very curious about this. Do you really think a coach like Bill Cowher, or any coach with that kind of talent is going to want to coach the Cowboys? It has nothing to do with the Cowboys, it is just any top end coach like that just will not want to deal with Jerry Jones and put up with his horses***. I just do not see another Parcells or Johnson or any top coach like that ever coming here as long as Jerry is running everything.

So who could we get that would be better than Wade at not only giving us one of the best and most dominating defenses I have seen, who still finds a way to get this team a winning record and still have to deal with Jerry causing problems and antics. Truth be told, I think you would be hard pressed to find another coach who with all the conditions put forth would do a much better job.

There are better coaches than Wade, but they just could not put up with Jerry. As for coaches who are able to put up with Jerry and still have this team as a contender, you might find yourself looking for a long time before you find someone who could do much better.

That is a big assumption on your part that no top coach would want to work for Jerry.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
theogt;2479925 said:
:lmao2:

I wouldn't replace him at all. I think he's one of the best defensive minds in the game and has turned our defense from one of the worst to one of the best. We just need Tony and the offense going like we know they can.

Agreed.................

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Wood;2479904 said:
I like the Giants Defensive Coordinator. He fits the mold of what alot of teams are heading toward....young and dynamic in their approach.

See signature BUT

I believe Wade needs and deserves another year.

zeromaster

Reaction score
Batman;2479890 said:
I will be the first to admit, he is not the best coach in the NFL. While he is not the best coach, on a scale of good to bad, Wade definitely would be more in the direction of good than bad. So this leads me to ask those of you have want Wade gone - who would you replace him with????

I am very curious about this. Do you really think a coach like Bill Cowher, or any coach with that kind of talent is going to want to coach the Cowboys? It has nothing to do with the Cowboys, it is just any top end coach like that just will not want to deal with Jerry Jones and put up with his horses***. I just do not see another Parcells or Johnson or any top coach like that ever coming here as long as Jerry is running everything.

So who could we get that would be better than Wade at not only giving us one of the best and most dominating defenses I have seen, who still finds a way to get this team a winning record and still have to deal with Jerry causing problems and antics. Truth be told, I think you would be hard pressed to find another coach who with all the conditions put forth would do a much better job.

There are better coaches than Wade, but they just could not put up with Jerry. As for coaches who are able to put up with Jerry and still have this team as a contender, you might find yourself looking for a long time before you find someone who could do much better.

Batman;2479905 said:
Wow, I guess we better contact the screenwriters for Bones and have them do a series on your amazing investigating skills. Thanks for ignoring the respect I have for Wade given the circumstances.
There's nothing amazing given the statements in red: they all have to do with your opinions about Jones. It's about as amazing as robbing a bank and leaving your drivers' license on the floor as you run out the door.
:lmao2: