For those of you wanting Wade Phillips replaced.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Batman;2479974 said:
I am sure Jones wants to win, but his ego is bigger than winning. If he was real serious about putting winning above his universal sized ego, he would hire a real GM who knows something about football and sit his a** down and let the football people run this team.

Again-you must have missed the Parcells years when Jerry gave him ALOT of leeway.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
Batman;2479974 said:
I am sure Jones wants to win, but his ego is bigger than winning. If he was real serious about putting winning above his universal sized ego, he would hire a real GM who knows something about football and sit his a** down and let the football people run this team.

damn straight..

Batman

Reaction score
Boysboy;2479976 said:
Again-you must have missed the Parcells years when Jerry gave him ALOT of leeway.

Get back to me on how much Bill Parcells had to twist Jerry's arm to bring T.O. to Dallas. Thank you.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Batman;2479984 said:
Get back to me on how much Bill Parcells had to twist Jerry's arm to bring T.O. to Dallas. Thank you.

Sorry to break it to you, but Parcells wanted him here too, believe it or not. He called around the league to hear what kind of work ethics he had, and got rave reviews, which pleased him. He also had several luncheons with Drew Rosenhaus a month prior(even Rosenhaus said how he had several conversations with Parcells et al). Yeah-Jerry was the one salivating over TO, but like I said in my previous post here, he had to ask him over and over and over again to make sure he was OK with the deal. Tuna could have said no, and Jerry would have been OK with it.

Why is this such a surprise to begin with? Parcells cares alot about his own legacies with his teams-he was desperate to get things done here as quickly as possible(which is why he gambled on 2 50 year old QBs in 2 successive years). Remember in '04 when he started Drew Henson on Thanksgiving, then YANKED him at halftime even though the score was 7-7? We were in the playoff hunt, yeah, but was 8-8 even worth it when this team had TOO many holes?

BTW-what did you think of Tuna pushing for Roy38 to get that big extension?

Batman

Reaction score
Boysboy;2479995 said:
Sorry to break it to you, but Parcells wanted him here too, believe it or not. He called around the league to hear what kind of work ethics he had, and got rave reviews, which pleased him. He also had several luncheons with Drew Rosenhaus a month prior(even Rosenhaus said how he had several conversations with Parcells et al). Yeah-Jerry was the one salivating over TO, but like I said in my previous post here, he had to ask him over and over and over again to make sure he was OK with the deal. Tuna could have said no, and Jerry would have been OK with it.

Why is this such a surprise to begin with? Parcells cares alot about his own legacies with his teams-he was desperate to get things done here as quickly as possible(which is why he gambled on 2 50 year old QBs in 2 successive years). Remember in '04 when he started Drew Henson on Thanksgiving, then YANKED him at halftime even though the score was 7-7? We were in the playoff hunt, yeah, but was 8-8 even worth it when this team had TOO many holes?

BTW-what did you think of Tuna pushing for Roy38 to get that big extension?

If you really think that Parcells was pushing for T.O., you are living in a dream world. There are many who think that when Jerry got his way with getting T.O. in Dallas that is was the beginning of the end with Parcells. I guess you missed some of the snipes Parcells had towards Owens while still coach.

I can guarentee you this. Parcells has far more control in Miami than he ever had in Dallas. Interestingly, he has nowhere near the talent of Dallas, yet has them with the same record.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Batman;2480007 said:
If you really think that Parcells was pushing for T.O., you are living in a dream world. There are many who think that when Jerry got his way with getting T.O. in Dallas that is was the beginning of the end with Parcells. I guess you missed some of the snipes Parcells had towards Owens while still coach.

I can guarentee you this. Parcells has far more control in Miami than he ever had in Dallas. Interestingly, he has nowhere near the talent of Dallas, yet has them with the same record.

To clarify-Peter King, JJT, and other mainstream outlets confirmed that the Jonses asked Parcells over and over and over again if he was OK with the deal. It was Parcells' sign off that iced the deal. And yes-he was also just as active in calling around the league about him, talking w/ Rosenhaus, etc.

BTW-what did you think about Meshawn's antics here? Why didn't anyone complain about him cussing out coaches and teammates, running bad routes, giving up on routes, having the bad case of butterfingers/fumbilites, etc?

Oh-about Miami-they're going to have QB problems next year and be back to square 1. They just got lucky with old-man Chad Pennington this year. Don't get me wrong, Pennington is an underrated QB b/c he's smart and takes what the D gives him, but he's nothing more than a 1 stop gap.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
Boysboy;2479976 said:

ah yes parcells:

the only thing that washed up coach did was make a few good draft picks and finally turn the reigns over to romo.

that's it.

so glad that man is gone.

i'll give him credit for drafting:

newman
witten
barber
james
ware

that ferguson, henry and what was his name from green bay? rivera? was all on him.

vinny
anderson
bledsoe
spears
carpenter
petitti
fasano
green

the list is longer but i'm not going to look for it.

Boysboy

Reaction score
lane;2480027 said:
ah yes parcells:

the only thing that washed up coach did was make a few good draft picks and finally turn the reigns over to romo.

that's it.

so glad that man is gone.

i'll give him credit for drafting:

newman
witten
barber
james
ware

that ferguson, henry and what was his name from green bay? rivera? was all on him.

vinny
anderson
bledsoe
spears
carpenter
petitti
fasano
green

the list is longer but i'm not going to look for it.

The big reason why he turned the reigns over to Romo was b/c it was panic time. Bledsoe was going nowhere in '06, and he was taking the team south.

Pt being that after sitting throughout '03 on the bench, WHY didn't Parcells plug him in midway through '04 when our season was done just to GET HIS FEET WET? And remember the 2nd Skins game in '05 when we were down 35-0 in the 2nd half, and Parcells was ready to put Romo in during garbage time to see what he had...only for Bledsoe to LOBBY him to stay in?

Like I said-I'm very happy with Romo, but Parcells' only intent to put him in in '06 was b/c it was desperation time.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Batman;2479974 said:

wow gee, you mean like he did when he hired Parcells in 2003?

burmafrd

Reaction score
boy, you might want to do a little research before embarrassing yourself. Romo himself said he was not ready to play much before he did. CERTAINLY not in 2004. And Bledsoe played pretty good in 2005 before the line broke down. So you were NOT going to see romo untill the beginning of 2006 no matter what.

ddh33

Reaction score
I don't think Wade should be fired. If these guys completely fall on their face in the next three games, then maybe. But I would rather let this thing play out.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
ddh33;2480253 said:
I don't think Wade should be fired. If these guys completely fall on their face in the next three games, then maybe. But I would rather let this thing play out.

i agree..

i think he is better suited as a defensive coordinator.

i would love to keep him as a dc.

i would like mooch as our next head coach. he seems to like our team and he has the same steely eyes as jimmy.

i don't know...but there is something about him i like.

garrett as qb coach.

the one coach that i really like is taken already.

ken whisenhutt

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I dont like Wade all that much but I am tired of seeing turnover year after year after year.

Its always something.

Coaches, OC, DC, Schemes, Players left and right.

I just want to see what happens if the players are allowed to stay in the same system for a period longer than 2 years.

I've called for Wades head many times but I just want to know what would happen if things stayed the same for more than 2 years.

Looking around the league, continuity and consistency are really paying off. Plenty of teams are doing more with less.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
We can only help to assuage your curiosity, kind bat sir.

If I may, an idealistic choice: Stoops (though it won't happen)

Now for a more realistic wish list:
Cowher
That Guy Muskratchamp, the UT DC . . . naw
Ron Rivera
Dom Capers
Jack Del Rio

Contractual limitations aside, these are guys we need to pursue. Fiery and intense on the sidelines. They will kick butt and get immediate respect.

Jerra needs move onto another head coach because this great group of athletes won't stay in their prime forever. The window of opportunity may soon start closing.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
lane;2479894 said:
steve mariucci

Not bad not bad my friend. T.O may chew him up like the good ole days though. Not a 3-4 guy and more offensive minded than defensive but knows how to get to a conference championship at least. Romo does remind me of a cross section of Steve Young/Brett Favre. I always say that.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Hoofbite;2480271 said:
I dont like Wade all that much but I am tired of seeing turnover year after year after year.

Its always something.

Coaches, OC, DC, Schemes, Players left and right.

I just want to see what happens if the players are allowed to stay in the same system for a period longer than 2 years.

I've called for Wades head many times but I just want to know what would happen if things stayed the same for more than 2 years.

Looking around the league, continuity and consistency are really paying off. Plenty of teams are doing more with less.

Hmmm. I apologize for calling you a Foreskin fan. I must give credit where it is due, you're bright. Not that you need me to tell you that. Thanks for the insight. :star:

AKATheRake

Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;2480320 said:
We can only help to assuage your curiosity, kind bat sir.

If I may, an idealistic choice: Stoops (though it won't happen)

Now for a more realistic wish list:
Cowher
That Guy Muskratchamp, the UT DC . . . naw
Ron Rivera
Dom Capers
Jack Del Rio

Contractual limitations aside, these are guys we need to pursue. Fiery and intense on the sidelines. They will kick butt and get immediate respect.

Jerra needs move onto another head coach because this great group of athletes won't stay in their prime forever. The window of opportunity may soon start closing.

The only guy on your list I'd take seriously is Cowher. Del Rio is a decent one and Jerry likes the Home Boys but I think the Jags are keeping him. Not that he matters much anyways. How you don't have Spagnuolo as a thought over Rivera and Capers? Cmon.

dooomsday

Reaction score
Batman;2479890 said:
I will be the first to admit, he is not the best coach in the NFL. While he is not the best coach, on a scale of good to bad, Wade definitely would be more in the direction of good than bad. So this leads me to ask those of you have want Wade gone - who would you replace him with????

I am very curious about this. Do you really think a coach like Bill Cowher, or any coach with that kind of talent is going to want to coach the Cowboys? It has nothing to do with the Cowboys, it is just any top end coach like that just will not want to deal with Jerry Jones and put up with his horses***. I just do not see another Parcells or Johnson or any top coach like that ever coming here as long as Jerry is running everything.

So who could we get that would be better than Wade at not only giving us one of the best and most dominating defenses I have seen, who still finds a way to get this team a winning record and still have to deal with Jerry causing problems and antics. Truth be told, I think you would be hard pressed to find another coach who with all the conditions put forth would do a much better job.

There are better coaches than Wade, but they just could not put up with Jerry. As for coaches who are able to put up with Jerry and still have this team as a contender, you might find yourself looking for a long time before you find someone who could do much better.

Dude, the Rams dominated this D a few weeks go. Its was probably the last time they looked good. Inconsistent.

The "there's no one better who can deal w/ JJ" argument is kinda lame. Can Wad get it done or not? If not, is it to our benefit to stay with him? You wouldnt do that if you owned the team I bet.