For those of you who hate Romo or Dak, what's your true motive in doing so?

sean10mm

Reaction score
A lot of the Dak criticism is seen as hate because it sometimes veers into being friggin' insane. Like you have people claiming he's grossly incompetent on the level of a Ryan Leaf or some other mega-bust, that he constantly throws picks, that he can't throw at all, all kinds of crap that's just objectively, measurably untrue. You can argue over where Dak falls among NFL starters, but past a certain point it's just abject cluelessness, like when people say they want to replace Dak with somebody who was won less and put up worse numbers and been hurt more, which happens regularly around here. Anybody whos a Dak basher and a Teddy Bridgewater or Tyrod Taylor stan needs their skull x-rayed, because those kind of guys all have worse defects than the ones Dak has that are pissing them off so damn much.

So basically my big problem with the criticism Dak gets isn't that it's criticism, it's that it's (sometimes) just grossly stupid.

As long as you're not trying to argue Dak needs to get paid like a nickel corner, I get people recoiling from giving a guy who hasn't cracked 4,000 yards in the 21st century game Aaron Rodgers-tier money. Hell, it might not have been smart to give AARON RODGERS that contract! It likewise isn't hate to point out that he isn't a technician in the pocket like Drew Brees or something, either. Hell, if you just want to bail on any QB who isn't an obvious future Hall of Famer for fear of being irrelevant in a pass-crazy league, I can at least see where you're coming from.

Any receiver that has played multiple years with dak none have gotten better. None saw a good increase in touchdowns or yards, and in fact all of them saw a dip in yards per catch.

This is an interesting theory, but all Cooper's numbers improved the second he was catching passes from Dak instead of Carr.

Code:
Tm Pos No.    G   GS  Tgt  Rec  Yds  Y/R   TD  Lng  R/G  Y/G   Y/Tgt
DAL  WR  19    9   9   76   53  725 13.7    6   90  5.9  80.6   9.5
OAK  wr  89    6   6   31   22  280 12.7    1   36  3.7  46.7   9.0

Plus your sample includes a guy who aged out of the game (Dez) and somebody who should have (Witten.) You can't really blame Dak for, you know, time passing.

erod

Reaction score
A lot of the Dak criticism is seen as hate because it sometimes veers into being friggin' insane. Like you have people claiming he's grossly incompetent on the level of a Ryan Leaf or some other mega-bust, that he constantly throws picks, that he can't throw at all, all kinds of crap that's just objectively, measurably untrue. You can argue over where Dak falls among NFL starters, but past a certain point it's just abject cluelessness, like when people say they want to replace Dak with somebody who was won less and put up worse numbers and been hurt more, which happens regularly around here. Anybody whos a Dak basher and a Teddy Bridgewater or Tyrod Taylor stan needs their skull x-rayed, because those kind of guys all have worse defects than the ones Dak has that are pissing them off so damn much.

So basically my big problem with the criticism Dak gets isn't that it's criticism, it's that it's (sometimes) just grossly stupid.

As long as you're not trying to argue Dak needs to get paid like a nickel corner, I get people recoiling from giving a guy who hasn't cracked 4,000 yards in the 21st century game Aaron Rodgers-tier money. Hell, it might not have been smart to give AARON RODGERS that contract! It likewise isn't hate to point out that he isn't a technician in the pocket like Drew Brees or something, either. Hell, if you just want to bail on any QB who isn't an obvious future Hall of Famer for fear of being irrelevant in a pass-crazy league, I can at least see where you're coming from.

This is an interesting theory, but all Cooper's numbers improved the second he was catching passes from Dak instead of Carr.

Code:
Tm Pos No.    G   GS  Tgt  Rec  Yds  Y/R   TD  Lng  R/G  Y/G Ctch% Y/Tgt
DAL  WR  19    9    9   76   53  725 13.7    6   90  5.9       80.6   9.5
OAK  wr  89    6    6   31   22  280 12.7    1   36  3.7       46.7   9.0

Plus your sample includes a guy who aged out of the game (Dez) and somebody who should have (Witten.) You can't really blame Dak for, you know, time passing.

What I hate is this notion that just because he's next automatically means he gets more.

He's average. He should be paid average money that escalates each year by a healthy percentage, but with an option to release him after three years if he's not improving accordingly.

ShortRound

Reaction score
NaiveFrenchAsianporcupine-size_restricted.gif

fW10FpL.gif

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
I never had any problem with Dak. Thrilled to have him.

Romo kind of always rubbed me the wrong way. I think it's because he looked like the special delivery guy that narrated Santa Claus is coming to town

Other than that I didn't have any problem with our QB's.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I don’t “hate” either

My problem is that I’m a fan of the Dallas Cowboys and I want them to play in and win SBs and I’m not a fan of mediocrity and I don’t think Dak has the latent to do that with Garrett as HC.
Stock hater response. Haters just love to hate. It’s what they do.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Lol. What a stupid thread. No fan wants the QB to fail. Holly crap, this a pathetic post. Pointing out areas of opportunity to get better doesn't mean we hate someone.

Stop being so sensitive.

Good grief..... So many fragile kids on this forum.
There are several posters here who want not only Dak, but the team as a whole to fail. They’re the ones that have been spewing hate here for a long time and need the team to fail so they can pound their chests and say “See, I told you so”. Fact.

sean10mm

Reaction score
What I hate is this notion that just because he's next automatically means he gets more.

He's average. He should be paid average money that escalates each year by a healthy percentage, but with an option to release him after three years if he's not improving accordingly.

The problem is that it's just baked into the NFL now that anybody that's not a complete grease fire in a Taco Bell dumpster at QB gets a huge payout.. Jimmy G has 10 starts and a $137m contract. It's nuts but it's something teams have to live with - either eat the big contract and try to live with it, or just move on from the guy. Because no agent will ever, ever, ever, ever, ever agree to the contract you described for a player of Dak's level (however lame you think that might be.) In 2019 that's just a fantasy.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In this thread, I would like to ask that we avoid discussing things like stats, Super Bowls, playoff wins, QB rating, turnovers, efficiency on third down or so forth - we've already done those topics dozens of times before already. Whether Romo/Dak is clutch or not, good or bad, has been done to death. So no need to talk about that. We don't need to talk about the bobbled snap in Seattle or Dak's deep ball.

What I do want to talk about is this: Let's just address the elephant in the room. There is a certain segment of the Cowboys fanbase that quite openly hates Romo or Dak, and takes a personal vested interest in seeing to it that Romo's career is perceived as negatively as possible, or wants Dak to fail.

So - for those of you who do (and we all already know some posters who fit one of those descriptions - I won't name them by name, but you and we know who you are) - what's your real motive in this? Do you, as a Romo fan, feel that trashing Dak somehow elevates Romo? Do you, a Dak fan, feel that trashing Romo somehow elevates Dak?

What are your real motives? No need to be shy, let's hear them. I'm not starting this thread to be judgmental, I really do want to see what people's honest motives are here.

It appears you have already drawn your own conclusion and now seek facts to back it up.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Stupid post of the month award goes to this post. We may also tell you that this poster is no stranger to this award

Like a moth to a flame two of the posters I was talking about responded in anger.

Truth hurts the stupid trolls.

Last edited:

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Lol.
One of my first posts, maybe even my first on this forum was a critiscm of safety Roy Williams as he clearly wasn't the same player he was. You jumped all over me accusing me of having an agenda. Repeatedly. History shows I was right. You were wrong.

So which of the types you describe are you?

History shows no such thing ...... We have never been able to replace what 31 gave us. If not for back to back broken arms he would have had an even longer career making you look stupid.

As far as types ...... I am the type that likes good qb play ...... Which both Romo and Dak have given us.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
I "hate" Romo for being just good enough to cover Garrett's warts and keeping him employed.

I appreciate Dak because of his intangibles. He also may be just bad enough to get Garrett fired. Or he may be just good enough that the Joneses want to fire Garrett and bring in some quality coaching.

To sum it up the book has been written for Romo and it's not finished for Dak yet.

Big_D

Reaction score
I "hate" Romo for being just good enough to cover Garrett's warts and keeping him employed.

I appreciate Dak because of his intangibles. He also may be just bad enough to get Garrett fired. Or he may be just good enough that the Joneses want to fire Garrett and bring in some quality coaching.

To sum it up the book has been written for Romo and it's not finished for Dak yet.

I definitely hate that Romo saved Garretts job on multiple occasions. He should've been gone a long time ago.

DFWJC

Reaction score
In this thread, I would like to ask that we avoid discussing things like stats, Super Bowls, playoff wins, QB rating, turnovers, efficiency on third down or so forth - we've already done those topics dozens of times before already. Whether Romo/Dak is clutch or not, good or bad, has been done to death. So no need to talk about that. We don't need to talk about the bobbled snap in Seattle or Dak's deep ball.

What I do want to talk about is this: Let's just address the elephant in the room. There is a certain segment of the Cowboys fanbase that quite openly hates Romo or Dak, and takes a personal vested interest in seeing to it that Romo's career is perceived as negatively as possible, or wants Dak to fail.

So - for those of you who do (and we all already know some posters who fit one of those descriptions - I won't name them by name, but you and we know who you are) - what's your real motive in this? Do you, as a Romo fan, feel that trashing Dak somehow elevates Romo? Do you, a Dak fan, feel that trashing Romo somehow elevates Dak?

What are your real motives? No need to be shy, let's hear them. I'm not starting this thread to be judgmental, I really do want to see what people's honest motives are here.
Luckily, I like and pull for both.

But quite frankly, I have never once come across a single Cowboy fan that didn't like a player due their melanin content,
Not one
In 2019, I think people fall back on that excuse/crutch for completely dishonest reasons.
So sick of it
It dilutes the whole concept when it is real.
Shame on you

I hope and assume this thread will be closed.
RCe-baiting is not allowed here

Last edited: