For those who doubted about the criminal records in Sean Taylor's trial

Wheat

Philosopher
Reaction score
I still stand by my earlier comments, that if he did this. He should go to jail. BUT....I did say those other kids were criminals and people doubted.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/04/03/AR2006040300666.html

Taylor's Attorneys to File Motion to Dismiss

By Jason La Canfora
Washington Post Staff Writer
Tuesday, April 4, 2006; E03

The attorneys for the Washington Commanders' Sean Taylor intend to a file a motion to dismiss the felony assault charges against the safety during a hearing today, while the prosecution contends there are insufficient grounds for such a request.

Taylor was charged with three counts of felony assault with a deadly weapon last year, each of which can carry a three-year mandatory minimum sentence. He is scheduled for an April 10 trial. Richard Sharpstein, one of three lawyers representing Taylor, said he was finalizing the motion last night.

Sharpstein said that alleged victims in the case have been arrested for thefts, drug possession and other charges within Dade County (Fla.) since the incident with Taylor, and that the prosecution failed to present this information to them as is their obligation; prosecutor Mike Grieco said he was unaware of the arrests until the defense presented the information, and is confident the case will go to trial as scheduled.

"We are filing our motion to dismiss for prosecutorial misconduct for Grieco's failure to provide us with a mountain of evidence dealing with the recent criminal past histories of the so-called victims and witnesses in this case," Sharpstein said. "We'll ask the judge to dismiss, and if she doesn't dismiss the case, we'll ask the state attorney to reconsider the case based on these developments."

Grieco said that it is impossible to check the ongoing status of all victims and witnesses in such a heavily populated county. He was aware of the defense's intent to file this motion and said that he is not "losing any sleep."

"Once this kind of information comes to my attention I have an obligation to turn it over," Grieco said, "but only once that information comes to my attention. And it was never brought to my attention. Somebody in law enforcement knew, but it's a big county and there are hundreds of arrests every day, and I was unaware of any of this."

Sharpstein said that the three primary alleged victims have all had recent arrests that the defense uncovered during its own investigation, including one involving a stolen all-terrain vehicle. Taylor has claimed that the victims in his case fired on his property and stole two all-terrain vehicles from him. Grieco did not dispute the information Sharpstein provided concerning the arrests, but said he does not anticipate a plea bargain.

"I believe this case will only resolve itself by trial at this point," Grieco said.

Commanders Note : The team announced it has signed free agent cornerback Kenny Wright, prompting free agent corner Jamar Fletcher to cancel yesterday's scheduled visit to Washington. Details of the contract were not immediately available.

The Commanders have been seeking a nickel back, and brought Wright in for a visit last month. Wright, 28, is a seven-year veteran who spent last season with Jacksonville, starting all 16 games and getting two interceptions.

Washington has two strong starting corners -- veteran Shawn Springs and 2005 first-round pick Carlos Rogers -- but is seeking depth. Gregg Williams, assistant head coach-defense, often uses three cornerbacks, and nickel back Walt Harris had been released.

Wright was drafted in the fourth round (120th overall) by Minnesota in 1999, and spent three seasons with the Vikings and three with Houston before joining Jacksonville in 2005. He has three sacks and six interceptions in 110 career regular season games.

again, this doesn't make Sean pulling a gun, "OK". That wasn't the point of my argument. Lets just say that with these characters, beyond a reasonable doubt will be difficult.

Bizwah

Reaction score
I have no doubt that nothing of consequence will happen to Taylor.

If he gets anything, it'll be a slap on the wrist. To me, he's innocent until proven guilty, but people with money don't seem to get convicted anymore.

I really don't care anyway.....we'll beat you with Taylor or without.

txlonghorn14

Reaction score
Bizwah said:
I have no doubt that nothing of consequence will happen to Taylor.

If he gets anything, it'll be a slap on the wrist. To me, he's innocent until proven guilty, but people with money don't seem to get convicted anymore.

I really don't care anyway.....we'll beat you with Taylor or without.

ray lewis, OJ simpson, and everyone else who had enough money to beat the cases got off. taylor is a donkey and should go to jail for lack of intelligence and failure to act like a human on the field, (i.e. spitting) i'm going to thoroughly enjoy T.O. rackin up TDs @ fed ex and dancin in the end zone.

Grim21Reaper

Reaction score
txlonghorn14 said:
ray lewis, OJ simpson, and everyone else who had enough money to beat the cases got off. taylor is a donkey and should go to jail for lack of intelligence and failure to act like a human on the field, (i.e. spitting) i'm going to thoroughly enjoy T.O. rackin up TDs @ fed ex and dancin in the end zone.

Maybe he can dance 3 times like Cooley did.

txlonghorn14

Reaction score
Grim21Reaper said:
Maybe he can dance 3 times like Cooley did.
more of the same. here comes the pain.

1212roy2.jpg

hendog

Reaction score
You guys have won the last 2, granted 1 by the grace of God. But we have handed you your *** for YEARS so you better be sure of what your stepping in to.

sacase

Reaction score
don't matter if they are criminals. It's not te prosecutions job to look into the criminal history. He proballyshould have but hey what can you say. The judge wll probally supress the fact that they have criminal records. It is imaterial to he case.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Wheat said:
I still stand by my earlier comments, that if he did this. He should go to jail. BUT....I did say those other kids were criminals and people doubted.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/04/03/AR2006040300666.html

again, this doesn't make Sean pulling a gun, "OK". That wasn't the point of my argument. Lets just say that with these characters, beyond a reasonable doubt will be difficult.

Now finally someone provides a link. I notice this is soley from Taylors attorney and he says this happened after the Sean Taylor incident. So this still does not discout many skins fans claims of their extensive criminal record before the incident.

Grim21Reaper

Reaction score
sacase said:
don't matter if they are criminals. It's not te prosecutions job to look into the criminal history. He proballyshould have but hey what can you say. The judge wll probally supress the fact that they have criminal records. It is imaterial to he case.

Except that these are the guys that shot up his car and house. I would say that is relevant.

sacase

Reaction score
if you say that then you admit to Taylor pointing a gun. their past had no bearing on what taylor did. REmember his suff got shot up AFTER he pointed a gun at them and puncd on of them HE brought that all on himself. NEver pull a gun if you ain 'goign to use it, he could have lost his life.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
txlonghorn14 said:
not if they curtan the celebrations....:bang2::banghead:

shnagy

Reaction score
hendog said:
You guys have won the last 2, granted 1 by the grace of God. But we have handed you your *** for YEARS so you better be sure of what your stepping in to.
Exactly. These foreskin fans are killing me. They contribute nothing to the board except a contradictory statement to anything you say. How annoying.

Kilyin

Reaction score
Well, this all stemmed from the the allegation after the fact that the person in question stole property (ATV?) from Sean Taylor, thus he felt the need to bust out the glock.

Based on that alone, one would be hard pressed to claim that anyone involved in this whole fiasco was a model citizen. However, that doesn't give Sean Taylor the right to brandish a firearm and unload a clip into someone's house. Hopefully, an objective jury will recognize that.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I'll admit it, I don't get the relevance of whether or not these guys have records or not.

Just for the sake of argument let's say all allegations are true. These guys are thugs and stole Taylor's ATV.

At what point is it lawful or advisable for him to decide he is the law and play vigilante?

In the Old West there was an actual defense called "he needed killing." You get a bully outlaw like Liberty Valane terrorizing the people and someone kills him. The people could decide he needed killing and look the other way.

We're not in the Old West any more.

Regardless of whether Sean Taylor pointed a gun at these guys are not, if he went after them he's foolish. The rationale that these guys are thugs and have no rights or deserved this doesn't fly in this day and age.

I don't believe Sean Taylor will serve a day of jail. Not because he's innocent. I think he can afford slick attorneys who can create enough doubt. I've said that from day 1 and I'll stick with it.

That doesn't mean he's some kind of victim, or hero in all of this. If he did this, then he's an idiot. Pure and simple. I've never understood why people would rationalize things like this. I never will.

Please don't try and explain it to me. I really don't want to know.

hendog

Reaction score
Hostile said:
I'll admit it, I don't get the relevance of whether or not these guys have records or not.

Just for the sake of argument let's say all allegations are true. These guys are thugs and stole Taylor's ATV.

At what point is it lawful or advisable for him to decide he is the law and play vigilante?

In the Old West there was an actual defense called "he needed killing." You get a bully outlaw like Liberty Valane terrorizing the people and someone kills him. The people could decide he needed killing and look the other way.

We're not in the Old West any more.

Regardless of whether Sean Taylor pointed a gun at these guys are not, if he went after them he's foolish. The rationale that these guys are thugs and have no rights or deserved this doesn't fly in this day and age.

I don't believe Sean Taylor will serve a day of jail. Not because he's innocent. I think he can afford slick attorneys who can create enough doubt. I've said that from day 1 and I'll stick with it.

That doesn't mean he's some kind of victim, or hero in all of this. If he did this, then he's an idiot. Pure and simple. I've never understood why people would rationalize things like this. I never will.

Please don't try and explain it to me. I really don't want to know.

Thank you. Enough said. Goodnight skins fans. End of discussion. You heard the man. Run on to bed now.

dthahn

The Doctor Is IN!
Reaction score
Grim21Reaper said:
Except that these are the guys that shot up his car and house. I would say that is relevant.

Oh I LOVE it!! You're so scared and worried that your best defensive player is going to jail that you're posting defensive comments on a COWBOYS website. Get real pal. This case IS going to trail. And if he gets convicted of any of the 3 felony counts, he WILL go to JAIL for a mandatory minimum sentence of THREE YEARS. The guy better hire Johnnie Cochran if he wants to play this year.

Yes, the deadskins owned the Cowboys last season. And yes, the Cowboys have owned the deadskins for the previous DECADE!!! I don't understand your trash talk unless your overcompensating for an inferiority complex. I guess I can understand, if I were getting my arse handed to me for years, I would brag, boast, and taunt my rival if I got in a shot or two.:rolleyes:

Pokes28

Reaction score
But if there was ever a lawyer that would come back to life just to get a few more bucks and another day in the light of cameras, it would be old Johnny.

David Harrell - Pokes
dwh