For those who doubted about the criminal records in Sean Taylor's trial

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
I find it hilarious Wheat even has to come here and justify this whole thing.

Freakin Skin fans really should stay home at ES.com. Take care your own house. Mmmkay?

:D

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Hostile said:
I'll admit it, I don't get the relevance of whether or not these guys have records or not.

Just for the sake of argument let's say all allegations are true. These guys are thugs and stole Taylor's ATV.

At what point is it lawful or advisable for him to decide he is the law and play vigilante?

It's not really "relevant" to the charges against Taylor.... that being said, it is relevant to decide whether these guys are telling the truth or not. It just goes to their credibility. However, IIRC, these can only be brought to the jury IF the witnesses were actually convicted and these crimes involved dishonesty or false statement.

As for when it's lawful for him to play vigilante... Taylor only has a real argument if he claims defense of property. Generally, defense of property doesn't allow a person to use deadly force solely to protect personal property.

Wheat said:
Sharpstein said that alleged victims in the case have been arrested for thefts, drug possession and other charges within Dade County (Fla.) since the incident with Taylor, and that the prosecution failed to present this information to them as is their obligation; prosecutor Mike Grieco said he was unaware of the arrests until the defense presented the information, and is confident the case will go to trial as scheduled.

"We are filing our motion to dismiss for prosecutorial misconduct for Grieco's failure to provide us with a mountain of evidence dealing with the recent criminal past histories of the so-called victims and witnesses in this case," Sharpstein said. "We'll ask the judge to dismiss, and if she doesn't dismiss the case, we'll ask the state attorney to reconsider the case based on these developments."

From what this says, there is no indication these guys were convicted. In fact, it only says they were arrested. Therefore, these arrests shouldn't be admitted into evidence. This is according to the Federal Rules of Evidence, and Florida Rules may differ a little, but it's hard to imagine they're that different.

As for the prosecutorial misconduct... I'm a little confused. A prosecutor has an ethical responsibility to turn over any exculpatory evidence to the defense. Arrests of State witnesses don't indicate that Taylor DIDN'T flash his weapon. I don't see how they can allege prosecutorial misconduct. It seems to me that this is just another defense stall tactic. There's no real substance to this motion by the defense. It definitely shouldn't get tossed.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dallas said:
I find it hilarious Wheat even has to come here and justify this whole thing.

Freakin Skin fans really should stay home at ES.com. Take care your own house. Mmmkay?

:D

Many have challenged the skins fans to produce something, a link, to show that these guys had a criminal past as many have claimed.

He is just doing what all skins fans were challenged to do...provide a link.

superpunk

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Many have challenged the skins fans to produce something, a link, to show that these guys had a criminal past as many have claimed.

He is just doing what all skins fans were challenged to do...provide a link.

Of course, it could have just been posted in the challenge thread.....