For Those Who Think Teddy Bridgewater Costs 20M

garyo1954

Reaction score
Always nice to check a thread you created after a few hours and see who’s going back and forth lol, @Proof and @garyo1954 have me in tears lol

LOL....Thanks! I think. I don't enjoy going ring around the rosie. There are just too many threads and good people to talk too. And I got nothing against Proof. I tried to explain it and he won't hear it. I told him he can have it his way. That's all I can do.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
Matt Ryan's contract was considered outrageous. Now, not so much. With the salary cap continuing to rise so quickly the trend to over pay QB's is only going to continue. It doesn't matter if they deserve it or not, that's just the way it is. Flacco started it. Now it's Dak's turn and soon, Mahomes, Watson, Jackson, Allen, Mayfield, Murray and Jones will get theirs. Buy that time Dak's contract will look like a semi-bargain. And as the salary cap increases the percentage of the cap Dak's deal will take up gets smaller and smaller also.

Bridgewater is just a backup in this league and any team would be nuts to sign him to a $20M deal.

Mike Glennon got $15 million per year as a backup 3 years ago. Even a competent backup is getting $20 million now.

817Gill

Reaction score
Sure did. You have details on what Dak wants and what we have offered? Post them.
I mean a 2 year deal is unheard of in this situation. A 2 year deal gives the team 0 cap hit flexibility and it would also probably pay Dak less than the tag. So why would either side do it?

If you’re gonna pay the full cap hit you might as well apply the tag, and if you’re gonna sign any real big money extension you’d start with at least 3 years, as no team is gonna pay you 34+ just to have you back on a contract year a season later.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
giphy.gif

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I mean a 2 year deal is unheard of in this situation. A 2 year deal gives the team 0 cap hit flexibility and it would also probably pay Dak less than the tag. So why would either side do it?

If you’re gonna pay the full cap hit you might as well apply the tag, and if you’re gonna sign any real big money extension you’d start with at least 3 years, as no team is gonna pay you 34+ just to have you back on a contract year a season later.

Well, that's kind of the point right? Yet, this has been what's suggested. A two year deal is not unheard of but it's certainly not in the best interest of the team. It is, however, in the best interests of Dak.

kskboys

Reaction score
That is debatable. He was a bridge qb at best. He only started five weeks.
Not debatable. That's what he was signed for. Was he a bridge to Trubes? Yeah, prolly, but this is about starting QB money. The 15 mil was paid for him to start.

kskboys

Reaction score
Bridgewater is a backup type busdriver QB who can't stay healthy. Anyone who pays him more than 10 mil/season is a complete moron.

817Gill

Reaction score
Well, that's kind of the point right? Yet, this has been what's suggested. A two year deal is not unheard of but it's certainly not in the best interest of the team. It is, however, in the best interests of Dak.
Naw lol the franchise tag is in much better interest than a two year deal. Unless the team tops 75M guaranteed he has much more incentive to play on the tag for that same 2 years.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
Not debatable. That's what he was signed for. Was he a bridge to Trubes? Yeah, prolly, but this is about starting QB money. The 15 mil was paid for him to start.

That's fair. I still think there is a distinction to be made between a bridge qb and an entrenched starter. Also I'm not sure if he was signed to start, or just ended up starting. I can't remember back that far.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Naw lol the franchise tag is in much better interest than a two year deal. Unless the team tops 75M guaranteed he has much more incentive to play on the tag for that same 2 years.

Yeah, I think you are on a different page here. I didn't say a two year deal, I said a two or three year deal, which was reported in the past. Obviously, because I asked you if you were referring to specifics in terms of demands from each side, I do not have specific contract details but this is what has been reported and suggested. I mean, if you are Dak, a two or three year deal is exactly what you want for very obvious reasons. The team, not so much. That would be an extremely stupid move on behalf of the team, unless we are talking about a strategy to sign a team friendly deal and plan to move on from Dak. That's really the only way that's in the best interests of the team. Otherwise, the team would be crazy to agree to such a deal.