For those who want McCarthy

Dre11

Reaction score
Still weeping over Garrett Andre?

I never weep. I get entertainment watching folks fall for the hook. the same issues you cried about for 9 years , McCarthy have them as well.
I'm putting out odds on how long before you'll start crying again...lol

Trueboysfan

Reaction score
Imagine you coach a team and you are the boss...no one questioned who the captain of the ship was and you were succesful. Then you as the head coach have to take a back seat to a self entitled qb who thinks he knows everything. You have to shut up and color, let your qb act however he wants, say anything he wants, because if you dont, you will be canned. Pretty dookie situation...over time you are going to eventually just not care. Sounds to me like he just gave up because it kind of became a why bother situation due to a qb who obviously did not like him and probably never has. Seems like his situation was one where he felt was hopeless. We always talk about coaches losing players....but equally as bad is if the team loses thier coach...

Im not saying hes going to be successful and havent made a down payment for next years super bowl....honestly I just tend to look at the whole situation to figure out how he went from this hard nosed, no nonsense, hard working coach who was known for his ability to adjust game plans and win more with less, suddenly just changes, and that's the only thing that makes since to me. He just lost hope and stopped caring...

Im excited about the hire. I mean the dude won a superbowl with 16 players on injured reserve! That's something special

Nav22

Reaction score
It took Belichick about 5 years to know Edleman was a stud. Coaches aren’t perfect.
That’s a fair point, but it’s not like New England’s offense was broken and they needed Edelman to get more targets.

Also, was Edelman a dominant WR in the reps that he was getting early on?

Green Bay was garbage in McCarthy’s last 2 years. Aaron Jones averaged a tremendous 5.5 yards/carry in each of those 2 years.

The answer was SO obvious, and yet McCarthy stupidly didn’t give Jones a chance to be the workhorse.

Now with a new coach in year 3, Jones has been a flat-out workhorse stud this year.... and every Packers fan I know has been screaming for more of him since 2017.

When people say McCarthy wasn’t willing to adapt, this is part of that. He seemingly decided early on that Jones wasn’t that type of back and nothing was going to change his mind.

That’s a TERRIBLE attribute for a coach to have. Has McCarthy changed? I hope so, but I’m skeptical. People don’t usually change well into their 50s, and he’s been trying to convince teams that he’s seen the light.

Last edited: