? for zoners, if in case of hurricaine 1st game in flor, where would cowboy have game

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
ok, hopefully their wont be too many more hurricaines this year, but just in case, say one is in florida, where would the first game of the season be for the cowboys if florida in tampa bay isnt available due to hurricaine?

remember always about the 1st or 2nd week of september hurricaines hit the coast.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
I'd imagine, if the schedule permits, they'd just make it a home game for the Cowboys. Isn't that basically what they did with the Saints a few years ago against the Giants? The Giants got a 9th home game if I remember correctly.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
i didnt know, thats why i was asking,
i thought in some cases, the teams had to play in a neutral place, in case of emergency like that, say for example atlanta or saints arent playing their first game at their home stadium, then the cowboys and tampa bay would play in the falcons or saints stadium

thats why i was asking, i dont know, so was asking

Doomsday101

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2908700 said:
ok, hopefully their wont be too many more hurricaines this year, but just in case, say one is in florida, where would the first game of the season be for the cowboys if florida in tampa bay isnt available due to hurricaine?

remember always about the 1st or 2nd week of september hurricaines hit the coast.

I think the options would be both Dallas and Tampa would be forced to have an early bye instead of the scheduled one or the game would be moved to Dallas. NO had a so called home game vs the Giants at the Meadow Lands because of Katrina.

Section446

Reaction score
Remember Houston and Baltimore last year? We'd have to have a week one bye.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
PHof83;2908753 said:
Remember Houston and Baltimore last year? We'd have to have a week one bye.

True, they had thought about moving the game to NO but because of travel difficulty due to damage at the airport the ravens and Texas were forced to reschedule and both teams bye were moved up to week 2.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2908743 said:
I think the options would be both Dallas and Tampa would be forced to have an early bye instead of the scheduled one or the game would be moved to Dallas. NO had a so called home game vs the Giants at the Meadow Lands because of Katrina.

You don't think they consider playing in a nutural stadium? Jacksonville's stadium is open that Sunday, so is the Titans.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Ozzu;2908706 said:
I'd imagine, if the schedule permits, they'd just make it a home game for the Cowboys. Isn't that basically what they did with the Saints a few years ago against the Giants? The Giants got a 9th home game if I remember correctly.

That's exactly what happened. Even though the Astrodome was available they gave the Giants an extra home game. I doubt they would do it for the Cowboys though. We'd probably have to play it in Philthy.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Big Dakota;2908769 said:
You don't think they consider playing in a nutural stadium? Jacksonville's stadium is open that Sunday, so is the Titans.

It is possiable but then with all those stadiums why did NO have to play their home game vs the Giants in NY? Looking at both teams schedule and the fact that Tampa has a game in London this year I doubt they would be able to change up their bye week as the Texans and Ravens did last year

Big Dakota

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2908791 said:
It is possiable but then with all those stadiums why did NO have to play their home game vs the Giants in NY? Looking at both teams schedule and the fact that Tampa has a game in London this year I doubt they would be able to change up their bye week as the Texans and Ravens did last year
Yep, i see what you are saying.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Joe, you better knock on wood asap, because if there is a hurricane and my trip to Tampa is ruined, I'm holding you responsible. :mad:

joseephuss

Reaction score
Big Dakota;2908769 said:

If a hurricane is bearing down on Tampa, Florida I don't think they would move the game to another stadium within the state of Florida.

Star-Fan

Old enough to remember the Ice Bowl, Young enough
Reaction score
A few years ago the NFL moved San Diego's game to AZ due to wild fires. Since TB already is going to London, my guess is they'll play in a neutral site.

By the way who is the "home" team for the London game? If it's TB it would bite for them to lose two home games. ..:laugh2:

If they play in Cowboy Stadium, and Tampa is designated home, (ala NO and Giants) then TB will make some good coin for that game. Probably more than if they played in TB or a neutral site. :)