News: Forbes: The World's 50 Most Valuable Sports Teams 2019

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Does this make up for the last 24 years of no Super Bowl championships?

No, but they are two entirely different things, the team profits from tons of things other than football ticket sales and concessions, doesn't mean that if you're getting filthy rich you're not trying to win championships.

I view the team's value and the team's success separately....

Coy

Reaction score
Great for Jerry, bad for the Cowboys, no need to change many things ( i.e. Garrett) when the numbers look that good.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
being more valuable means more assets avaialble to ensure that we have the best facilities which can help attract players....look i get it, would rather have the most superbowls than be the most valuable....but there is something to be said about having the ability to give the players the best experience possible which Jerry always does....love him, hate him, mhhh about him....at least he always does the best for the players
Jip, the team valued the least in the NFL, BUF, had no problem signing Beasley or McCoy or fielding a 4 in a row AFC East rep.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When these owners gather at a meeting which stat do you think they're most impressed with? Kraft and Rooney's 6 rings or the value of the Cowboys? You are talking about the real keeping score for them.

And there is a certain amount of Dallas elitism that appreciates the value of the team and there's also a certain amount of superficiality in Dallas that loves that stadium, The Star, the Boogie Bus, the chopper and even the boat.

It is fact that there are more fans of money than football, even the people within football.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I have no bitterness towards Jerry Jones.

But I don't care if the team is worth $1, $1 million or $1 trillion. It's only wins and losses I care about.
And you can't do the math to see how the Cowboys having the best facilities can help them improve their win-lose record?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Do you give a F if this team is the most valued according to Forbes? They're a biz mag, that's what they do. Lemme know when they share some of that dough with you, Joe.

And if the team didn't make money hand over fist while achieving nothing and there were consequences to bad decisions, you think this team might not have that last 23 years of futility?
Hell yes I give a F, the value of my seat license at AT&T stadium goes up the more this team is worth.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And you can't do the math to see how the Cowboys having the best facilities can help them improve their win-lose record?
I don't know if he can but I sure as hell can't. Rocky worked out in a fancy hotel and got his butt whipped, went back to eye of the tiger and became world champion again.

Joe, show me the correlation between facilities and records. The Cowboys have been rewarding players for non-achievement. They've earned nothing.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
54.00 rum and cokes....90.00 sweat pants....40.00 hats.... I'm not shocked. :popcorn:

Jerry robbing people all the way to the bank...:muttley:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hell yes I give a F, the value of my seat license at AT&T stadium goes up the more this team is worth.
Well then, good for you. Dallas is one of the few franchises where the value of the team can set the PSL price instead of actual accomplishments of the team. "Hey kids, y'all want to go see the most valuable sports team in the world play"?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I don't know if he can but I sure as hell can't. Rocky worked out in a fancy hotel and got his butt whipped, went back to eye of the tiger and became world champion again.

Joe, show me the correlation between facilities and records. The Cowboys have been rewarding players for non-achievement. They've earned nothing.
Rocky is a fictional movie. Are you even trying to be serious? Your opinion about the Cowboys rewarding players for non-achievement is well taken.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rocky is a fictional movie. Are you even trying to be serious? Your opinion about the Cowboys rewarding players for non-achievement is well taken.
Joe, am I ever trying to be serious? Not why I am here, I exist to spread the joy and mirth of absurdity and trying to remind folks that the serious die young.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Joe, am I ever trying to be serious? Not why I am here, I exist to spread the joy and mirth of absurdity and trying to remind folks that the serious die young.
Did Zeke show up at the Star in Frisco yet to make his intentions know? Any day now.

Reaction score
I see no correlation between quality of facilities and won-loss record. I don't believe there is a correlation.

I'd love to see the studies that prove me wrong however.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
being more valuable means more assets avaialble to ensure that we have the best facilities which can help attract players....look i get it, would rather have the most superbowls than be the most valuable....but there is something to be said about having the ability to give the players the best experience possible which Jerry always does....love him, hate him, mhhh about him....at least he always does the best for the players
Exactly. And being the Egals dropped down two more spots makes it even more delicious for them to hate our Cowboys.
And yet you both viewed the thread.

If you spend your time viewing things of no interest to you, you need to reassess.
Haters gonna hate. They hate Jerry for his Cowboys making the top on Forbes list for the 4th consecutive year, but when the Boys win, they love Jerry.

Two edged sword. Should the Cowboys win the Division again, they'll be the first team in the NFCE to win the Division back-to-back. Betcha the haters aren't even aware of that stat.

The team has accomplished what other teams only dream of. Having 5 rings is quite an accomplishment. So much that some of our fans expect a championship every season. At times I wish they didn't have 5 rings, but instead one, maybe two. It's so old hearing the cry babies pound their pillows. Even if the Boys win another Championship, you'll have the same cry babies complaining about something else during the game.

Oh wait...."Who Cares". :rolleyes:

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Notice the highest-rated sports broadcast

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Dallas Cowboys remain the world’s most valuable sports franchise:<br><br>1. Cowboys: $5 billion<br>2. Yankees: $4.6 billion<br>3. Real Madrid: $4.2 billion<br>4. Barcelona: $4 billion<br><br>9 of the 50 highest-rated sports TV broadcasts last year were Cowboys games <a href="https://t.co/GoxCX40YSK">https://t.co/GoxCX40YSK</a></p>&mdash; Jon Machota (@jonmachota) <a href="">July 22, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>