Forget B. Marshall, what about Dez Bryant

Reaction score
A good friend of mine down in Mobile, for the Sr Bowl told me that the Cowboys are very high on Dez Bryant and Demaryius Thomas. That got me thinking.

With all the talk about Trading williams and picks for Marshall across the forums, why not trade Williams and lets say a 3rd, or Williams Barber and a late pick for Denver's 10th selection and a late pick ? Or even our 1st, Williams and a 4th for Denvers 10th selection and a late pick ?

He'd easily be just as good as Marshall his 1st year and could take Williams' spot as the starting WR. Same or better skill set of Marshall minus the Locker room cancer and complaining.

DFWJC

Reaction score
AustnIsMySaviour;3259211 said:
A good friend of mine down in Mobile, for the Sr Bowl told me that the Cowboys are very high on Dez Bryant and Demaryius Thomas. That got me thinking.

With all the talk about Trading williams and picks for Marshall across the forums, why not trade Williams and lets say a 3rd, or Williams Barber and a late pick for Denver's 10th selection and a late pick ? Or even our 1st, Williams and a 4th for Denvers 10th selection and a late pick ?

He'd easily be just as good as Marshall his 1st year and could take Williams' spot as the starting WR. Same or better skill set of Marshall minus the Locker room cancer and complaining.
What?:lmao2: :lmao:

I'd love to have Dez, but you are really piling it on by saying that. There are multiple unknowns, including the little one that Dez has never played an NFL down and Marshall has had multiple 100 reception seasons.

Reaction score
DFWJC;3259221 said:
What?:lmao2: :lmao:

I'd love to have Dex, but you are really piling it on by saying that. There are multiple unknowns, including the little one that Dez has never played an NFL down and Marshall has had multiple 100 reception seasons.

That might be pushing it, but when Dez is in his 4th season, which Marshall is right now, I am willing to bet that Dez will be a better pro then Marshall. One thing is for sure though he could easily replace Williams.

RS12

Reaction score
Dez long gone by 27. Alot of mocks have Denver looking at him at 10.

Woods

Reaction score
i don't think jj is parting ways with rw just yet.

in fact, romo just said at pro bowl that he and rw are going to get to work early once again.

RS12

Reaction score
in fact, romo just said at pro bowl that he and rw are going to get to work early once again.

Romo towing the company line, nothing more.

Reaction score
Woods;3259253 said:

That's all talk IMO. If your going to do it, do it during the uncapped year. I think Jerry can pull this off.

Woods

Reaction score
RS12;3259264 said:
Romo towing the company line, nothing more.

Romo did it last year with RW.

And RW's work ethic has been there. Unfortuately the production hasn't matched . . . .

Anyway, I think JJ gives RW one more year. Of course, that doesn't have to stop the Cowboys from drafting a wideout . . . .

5mics

Next Year's Champions
Reaction score
Woods;3259253 said:

I agree and have just been basically ignoring all the RoyEW talk. A lot of energy being wasted on that topic but that's what makes this forum great! :cool:

Brooksey

Reaction score
If were going to take a WR 1st, I like Golden Tate. For one he will be there when we pick, he has great hands, great speed , smart, and he's a great locker room character guy. He can score from anywhere on the field. I watched him play a few times (against USC and Ohio Sate) and there is something about him that is unique and special.

Reaction score
brooksey1;3259481 said:
If were going to take a WR 1st, I like Golden Tate. For one he will be there when we pick, he has great hands, great speed , smart, and he's a great locker room character guy. He can score from anywhere on the field. I watched him play a few times (against USC and Ohio Sate) and there is something about him that is unique and special.

I hope jerry pulls the trigger if Tate falls to 27..he wont be there for sure though. He can solve the PR problem and he's a threat to score everytime he has the ball. I think all this 'I'd sleep like a baby if we don't draft a WR' is all talk, I have a gut feeling he'll go WR in round one, and recent history shows no way he drafts O line except if Iupati's there.

eightysiX

Reaction score
Why would denver want Roys contract? or barbers contract? or both?
isn't that like 21 mil for the both of them in regards to what their due next year?
I really thought neither have any trade value what so ever.