Forgive Me, I'm On Vacation...

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
...and stuck on a turtle slow PC that I can only be on for 20 minutes or so at a time if someone else needs to use it.

Did Bobby Carpenter sign or not? I'm seeing 2 different stories here and am confused.

Oh yeah, greetings from Puerto Penasco Mexico and thanks to anyone who can set me straight.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
Hostile said:
...and stuck on a turtle slow PC that I can only be on for 20 minutes or so at a time if someone else needs to use it.

Did Bobby Carpenter sign or not? I'm seeing 2 different stories here and am confused.

Oh yeah, greetings from Puerto Penasco Mexico and thanks to anyone who can set me straight.

Doesn't say he's signed on the dotted line yet, just an offer, but he will.

Cowboys | Team offers Carpenter five-year contract
Wed, 19 Jul 2006 18:45:22 -0700
Tim MacMahon and Todd Archer, of The Dallas Morning News, reports the Dallas Cowboys have offered LB Bobby Carpenter a five-year contract. It is expected his contract will be worth about $10 million.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Big Dakota said:
Doesn't say he's signed on the dotted line yet, just an offer, but he will.

Cowboys | Team offers Carpenter five-year contract
Wed, 19 Jul 2006 18:45:22 -0700
Tim MacMahon and Todd Archer, of The Dallas Morning News, reports the Dallas Cowboys have offered LB Bobby Carpenter a five-year contract. It is expected his contract will be worth about $10 million.
I thought I had read a blog earlier that he made the flight to TC with the team?

Incorrect?

Oh and thanks.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Hostile said:
I thought I had read a blog earlier that he made the flight to TC with the team?

Incorrect?

Oh and thanks.

he did travel with the team, and I have read he officially signed

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile said:

Incorrect?

Oh and thanks.
He made the flight...

But so far, I haven't read anything to lead me to believe that they've agreed to terms or that he's signed anything.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
He was on the flight, but only The Ranch and some fantasy site have reported that he has signed (or agreed to terms) so far.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. It sounds to me as if Valley Ranch is confident a deal is imminent as in tonight or first thing tomorow so they got him on the flight.

I know we always get our picks in on time, but I still love hearing when it actually happens.

Beats a Greg Ellis "poor, poor pitiful me" story six ways from game day.

Reaction score
Carpenter will be sealed and delivered and starting Day 1. Time to turn this defense loose in attack mode.

Mexico? If its not Cabo I'm not there.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
On KTVT, Babe said that they are very close and they believe that Carpenter will sign before the conditioning run tomorrow.

Fernando Fernandez

Reaction score
Hostile said:

Would you mind asking the natives what they think of Tony "Antonio" Romo as the future Dallas Cowboys QB?

I read that he is part Mexican.

Enjoy those burritos, bra!

PS: Don't drink the water!

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
I'm leaving for vacation Saturday and won't have internet access for a week.
I know, I know.
Please...

wipe your tears.

You guys hold it down while I'm gone and don't trade Ellis til I return. I don't want to miss that. :eek:

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
I am not sure if he was on the flight or not. Laufenberg just said though that he is staying in los angeles tonight and not with the team. Babe had just talked to jimmy sexton on the phone and he said the cowboys and himself were going to work through the night to get the deal done so bobby could run tomorrow with the team.

I am in the middle of uploading the local news coverage from tonight and you can see what he said in the videol.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
theebs said:
I am not sure if he was on the flight or not. Laufenberg just said though that he is staying in los angeles tonight and not with the team. Babe had just talked to jimmy sexton on the phone and he said the cowboys and himself were going to work through the night to get the deal done so bobby could run tomorrow with the team.

I am in the middle of uploading the local news coverage from tonight and you can see what he said in the videol.

Carp was definitely on the flight

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
Carp was definitely on the flight

Yeah it would make sense, I just havent read it anywhere and none of the four stations here in dfw said whether he was or wasnt.

He is staying in los angeles tonight though and is expected to make the 1.5 hour drive in the morning after getting a contract done.