News: Former Dallas Cowboys coach Jason Garrett to open Italian restaurant in Dallas

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
I'm happy for him. I'm sure he'll try to make it the right kind of restaurant. It'll take a lot of hard work and will be a process. All Jason can hope from his staff is to try to make each day better than the next and when they do be the first to applaud them.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
??? This kind if stuff I don't get. My family was in the restaurating business for over 50 years. I don't understand how people think they can get in the biz without any real experience and domain expertise.

Between him and Babe would you trust either of them to curate menus, taste experiences, run food and beverage operations efficiently to bring good value to a customer base?

I will concede domain expertise in football, and the NFL, but restauranting and Italian cuisne???

Unless they think Olive Garden is real Italian food.

Reaction score
??? This kind if stuff I don't get. My family was in the restaurating business for over 50 years. I don't understand how people think they can get in the biz without any real experience and domain expertise.

Between him and Babe would you trust either of them to curate menus, taste experiences, run food and beverage operations efficiently to bring good value to a customer base?

I will concede domain expertise in football, and the NFL, but restauranting and Italian cuisne???

I'm sure their chief contribution will be name recognition and cash just like most celebrity people that get into the business, professionals will run the place .

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
I'm sure their chief contribution will be name recognition and cash just like most celebrity people that get into the business, professionals will run the place .
This is so stupid IMO. The name and the recognition should go to the people who provide the most "value".

To me the value is the cook and chief maker of the recipes. Once they are gone or disengaged then you have a dying enterprise. If I were Jason and Babe, I would not do it.

You would expect their lessons in football would have taught them better.

Praxit

Reaction score

I think that's just it. probably higher a real Italian chef and bring stuff close or similar to Olive Garden.
Could also make into Italian sports bar.

Jayinem

Reaction score
Does he know he got fired as head coach of the Dallas Cowboys? :muttley:

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
He hopes it will be Cafe Lucca-rative. Besides, who’s gonna eat at
‘Garrett’s Authentic Italian Cuisine/Cucina’?

TwentyOne

Reaction score
iu