former Steeler Great Rod Woodson GUARANTEED that the 'boys will win

sago1

Reaction score
Was just listening to sopcast 8521 which reshowing NFL Network discussion between some sports host and former Steeler now retired Rod Woodson. They were discussing Ram WR Isaac Bruce guaranteeing the Rams would beat the Cowboys. Host asked Woodson about that guarantee. Woodson said that Rams could point up some points but that the Cowboys would win. Host then asked Woodson if he would guarantee a Cowboy win and Woodson said I guarantee that Cowboys will win the game.

I realize this means squat & certainly don't want our team to "eat the cheese" to to speak. I want no complacency on that team and a total all out effort the whole game as if they playing another 3-0 in the NFC. Having said that, it just feels so good to hear Cowboys getting some respect, real respect, even from a former Steeler who (I believe) was playing for them when we beat them in the SB back in 95.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
sago1;1675698 said:
it just feels so good to hear Cowboys getting some respect, real respect, even from a former Steeler who (I believe) was playing for them when we beat them in the SB back in 95.
That is true.

The dejected look on his face at the end of the game........priceless.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
kinda surprised he said that after all the trash he talked on Romo last week before the Bears game.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
DallasDW00ds0n;1675729 said:
kinda surprised he said that after all the trash he talked on Romo last week before the Bears game.

Has he mentioned anything all week about being wrong on Romo? Let me guess...... no??

VACowboy

Reaction score
Woodson was a reluctant commentator. Eisen asked him about the game and he hemmed and hawed, saying only that St. Louis would move the ball on the Dallas D. Then Eisen asked for his pick, and he muttered some stuff again before finally saying, "Dallas." Then Eisen says, "So, you'll guarantee a Dallas win?" And Woodson said that, yes, he guaranteed it. It was obvious that he wasn't happy to be talking about the 3-0 Cowboys at all, much less predicting a win for them.

His hate is so obvious. He comes off as a spurned school boy, a big baby. He's SO unprofessional. If he's gonna be a Steelers pundit, he belongs on local TV.

I heard Carl Banks yesterday on NFL radio. He's 100 times the "expert" Woodson is.

EGTuna

Reaction score
Woodson is the same dummy that said Grossman would out-perform Romo.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I would like to see a Cowboys team for once in 10 years, that doesn't take teams lightly and doesn't show up. These last few years, sometimes the boys would just be going through the motions, especially playing bad teams, and we would come away with a victory perhaps, but it was barely a victory.

No such thing as barely a victory, but if you barely beat a bad team at home or worse yet lose, then you are a pretender. So I guarantee we kick St.Louis Scams butt.