Foskey

cnuball21

Reaction score
Foskey checks a lot of boxes but something just seems to be missing for me.

Hes big, long, strong and fast but his 10 yard split was mediocre and his bend is average.

I want to put him in the 1st but he’s a 2nd rounder for me.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

Hes big, long, strong and fast but his 10 yard split was mediocre and his bend is average.

He kinda reminds me of D-Law.

cowboyec

Reaction score
big fan of notre dame's all-time sack leader.
love his size.
he's also a good run defender.
smart.
and blocked some punts last season.
good player.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
He just has zero pass rush plan.

I also just watched him against OsU and he was a complete non factor.
Yeah, I’m not suggesting we take him at #26, but just as a prospect it’s hard to luck into double digit sacks two years in-a-row. I think he’s a Top 75 prospect.

The physical (6’-5”, 264 lbs, 34” arms) and character traits (motor) are there. I think technique can be taught.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Yeah, I’m not suggesting we take him at #26, but just as a prospect it’s hard to luck into double digit sacks two years in-a-row. I think he’s a Top 75 prospect.

The physical (6’-5”, 264 lbs, 34” arms) and character traits (motor) are there. I think technique can be taught.
I do like him.

cnuball21

Reaction score

100% agree.

I’d be fine using our 2nd rounder in him just not 1st.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
The more I look into Foskey the more he looks like the type of DE that fits the Cowboys profile: defensive captain, plays special teams, high motor/football character.

I could definitely see the Cowboys drafting him in the 2nd round. Especially if they don’t resign Fowler. Foskey could serve as the heir apparent to Dorance Armstrong who’s a free agent in 2024.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The more I look into Foskey the more he looks like the type of DE that fits the Cowboys profile: defensive captain, plays special teams, high motor/football character.

I could definitely see the Cowboys drafting him in the 2nd round. Especially if they don’t resign Fowler. Foskey could serve as the heir apparent to Dorance Armstrong who’s a free agent in 2024.
I think he could be on their 2nd radar as a long term Armstrong replacement. With some of guys they have like Parsons and Williams, you need a guy like that who offers some gap versatility. Foskey has the length to be able to kick inside on passing downs. Guys like him and Keion White could be on their radar in the 2nd. White seems to get more buzz, but Foskey might be the better prospect. I think for both players Danielle Hunter is your ceiling comparison

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

He probably isnt going to come in and effectively play a 7T right now, but I think thats developable. He might have been 1st in a very weak draft due to upside, but he is a 2nd round guy in most drafts and this one for sure. With DE being a real in this draft, I think 50 to 75 is his range

cnuball21

Reaction score
He probably isnt going to come in and effectively play a 7T right now, but I think thats developable. He might have been 1st in a very weak draft due to upside, but he is a 2nd round guy in most drafts and this one for sure. With DE being a real in this draft, I think 50 to 75 is his range
That’s fair. I’d just have a handful of guys I’d comfortably take ahead of him.

McDonald
Ojulari
Hall
Adetomiwa