Found a fun new way to play Madden

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
I enjoy the football video games but let's face it, they're too easy, and they're not realistic enough. I find as long as I'm not playing on Heisman difficulty, my team that should be below .500 can usually win the Super Bowl. Yes, there's always plenty of competition online but I find the unrealistic football play gets to be too much online, and folks are always quitting.

So recently, I've been messing around with other ways to play Madden to squeeze more life out of a game that I'm becoming bored with, and I've discovered the joy of coaching mode. No more manually controlling players which can be cheap; instead, you just call the plays and hope your players execute. It really makes you feel like a coach, because you live and die by the mistakes of your players. Just got finished playing the Skins, and Bledsoe threw 4 interceptions. :bang2:

This also makes the entire general manager mode much more relevant and you really pay attention to player attributes before letting them start. I've been playing on coaching mode with 15 minute quarters, and the accelerated clock, and I get very realistic stats, and a more enjoyable playing experience. With 15 minute qtrs and acc.clock, I'm not tempted to go long or pass as often as I would with shorter quarters, and the acc.clock still makes the time go by fast. Watching the plays unfold makes it almost feel like watching a real game.

I've also edited the rosters. Yeah, I did tweak the Cowboys a little. ;) But I also reduced all the overrated free agents by huge numbers, and improved a lot of the better teams this year that usually don't sim out the way they should. (Cincinatti was improved in many areas, Washington's defense was improved, reduced injury attribute of players who always seem to get hurt, etc.) Anyways, just some tips on how to make Madden a more enjoyable game if you're burnt out on it like me.

SteveOS

Dedicated to Sports Gaming
Reaction score
Yes, "Coach Mode" is an underrated option for a lot of people. It is definitely fun to "Coach" your way to victory. :)

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
I play coach mode all the time and usually kick the crap out of the other team.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Well, lucky for you EA is coming out with an NFL head coach game.
Dedicated entirely to coaching. From organizing practices, forming your gameplan, to all the usual gameday decisions. Sounds like it'll be interesting for those of us who like to think about strategy and such.

SteveOS

Dedicated to Sports Gaming
Reaction score

Hiero

Reaction score
ChldsPlay said:
Well, lucky for you EA is coming out with an NFL head coach game.
Dedicated entirely to coaching. From organizing practices, forming your gameplan, to all the usual gameday decisions. Sounds like it'll be interesting for those of us who like to think about strategy and such.
seems like the perfect alternative for those who have outplayed Madden and love to get a bit more in depth. why they cant make normal madden more complex kinda sucks, but i will be all over this game.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Hiero said:
seems like the perfect alternative for those who have outplayed Madden and love to get a bit more in depth. why they cant make normal madden more complex kinda sucks, but i will be all over this game.
Why can't they include all of the features from the console version in to the pc version? My pc blows away an XBOX but the game has less features. :bang2: