Found an interesting tidbit of info that I didn't know

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Part of that great Saben NFL coaching tree...oops, maybe they need to try college coaching instead...:lmao2:

You mean this guy? ( Lane Kiffin ) LOL
Alabama Crimson Tide[edit]
In December 2013, Kiffin spent eight days in Tuscaloosa, Alabama reviewing the Alabama Crimson Tide football team's offense.[59] On January 9, 2014, after Michigan hired Alabama offensive coordinator Doug Nussmeier, Kiffin interviewed for the vacant coordinator job. Kiffin was offered the job as offensive coordinator at Alabama and accepted on January 10.[59][60] In 2014, Kiffin was a finalist for the Broyles Award, given annually to the nation's top college football assistant coach.[61] On January 2, 2017, Kiffin was relieved of his duties as Offensive Coordinator.[62] He was replaced by another former USC head coach and his successor at that job, Steve Sarkisian, for the 2017 College Football Playoff National Championship 35–31 loss against Clemson and for the upcoming season.[63]

sulu1701

Reaction score
Conveniently left out our defense giving up only 19 ppg over the win streak (17.6 if you take out the 2-yard TD drive in Philly, and 16.2 if you take out the WAS TD in garbage time.)

This team wins because the defense is balling. That's it. There's nothing else to analyze.

The offense has not made one change since Cooper came along - but his ability makes a lot of things work that hadn't before. They're still running the exact same offense.
You would think that with Dak being a mobile Qb, that they would design plays where he moves the pocket like Rogers, and extend plays instead of him standing there while the pocket collapses

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
My point is simply that people want to credit Dak with all the wins, so they should be crediting everyone, top to bottom.

I don't know anyone that's crediting Dak for all the wins. They know that Dak needs talent around him like Coop and Zeke. In fact, he's just like any other QB in the NFL. They need to be surrounded by talent in order to win.

I think Dak can be a pretty good QB if given talent around him.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You would think that with Dak being a mobile Qb, that they would design plays where he moves the pocket like Rogers, and extend plays instead of him standing there while the pocket collapses

A new OC could. But we are talking about Garrett and Linehan here. :lmao2:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don't know anyone that's crediting Dak for all the wins. They know that Dak needs talent around him like Coop and Zeke. In fact, he's just like any other QB in the NFL. They need to be surrounded by talent in order to win.

I think Dak can be a pretty good QB if given talent around him.
Oh, there are several who seem to think Dak is THE reason we're leading the division, but I share your mindset. He does need more help than many other QBs, but no QB can do everything.

Qcard

Reaction score
Per Scott Linehan's Wikipedia page:

"Linehan had previously worked with Cowboys head coach Jason Garrett when they served as assistants on the staff of Nick Saban's Miami Dolphins in 2005."

I didn't realize they had coached together before.
Garrett is a relationship Coach. His intangibles Monday to Saturday are great.

But he needs to infuse the offensive staff with upcoming talent like they did with Kris on defense.

sureletsrace

Official CZ Homer
Reaction score
Garrett is a relationship Coach. His intangibles Monday to Saturday are great.

But he needs to infuse the offensive staff with upcoming talent like they did with Kris on defense.

Totally agree.