Found your DT to stop the run

nhcowboysfan

Reaction score
Hugely overrated prospect IMO. If he plays up to his potential, he's a one dimensional clogger. And I think there's a pretty large bust risk with who only had 5 TFLs. Him winning the Bednarik award over Will Anderson with 31 TFLs is a joke.
I agree. I watched a couple of the Georgia football games, and there were times where it appeared the effort wasn't always there. I much prefer his teammate, Will Anderson - imagine pairing him with Micah.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think Davis is so overrated he’s now underrated at this point, lol.

To me, he’s the classic back end of R1 guy that some playoff team ends up drafting, helps continue that team’s success, and then everyone is left asking “how in the world did Team X manage to get that guy?”

His impact on the game isn’t captured in the box score necessarily. His immense size/power commands a double team and he still is able to collapse the pocket allowing others to feast.

Davis is not my top target but if the board falls a certain way I wouldn’t be too upset if we took him.
My question with him is: Is he a Derrick Nnadi who is good but only plays 40% snaps because he cant collapse the pocket. Or is he a Dalvin Tomlinson/Daron Payne who can collapse the pocket and put pressure on the QB from a 1T position.

To me thats the difference between a guy that goes in the 1st or 2nd and a guy that goes 3rd or 4th