Four Round Mock Draft with trades

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
If he did have a knee injury that would explain it and I'm sure the teams will have that information.

I just did a draft that traded down to 15 and took Barmore. I'm trying to decide who to take in the second, it's between some edge guys and some cornerbacks.

Here's some info I found on the injury, which was called minor but it's really hard to tell with players since they play through some things that would easily sideline the rest of us:

Barmore suffered a knee injury prior to the Crimson Tide's second scrimmage of fall camp and has been recovering since then.

According to Saban, he is still unsure whether the 6-5, 310-pound lineman will be able to participate in Saturday's season-opener at Missouri.

“I can’t really say right now," Saban said. "He’s done a little more each day. I think when you have an injury like this, sometimes the more you do it creates a little soreness. Then you have to back off a little bit then you can do a little bit more the next day. He’s worked every day this week and he’s made progress and we’re encouraged by the progress that he makes."

morasp

Reaction score
Here's some info I found on the injury, which was called minor but it's really hard to tell with players since they play through some things that would easily sideline the rest of us:

Barmore suffered a knee injury prior to the Crimson Tide's second scrimmage of fall camp and has been recovering since then.

According to Saban, he is still unsure whether the 6-5, 310-pound lineman will be able to participate in Saturday's season-opener at Missouri.

“I can’t really say right now," Saban said. "He’s done a little more each day. I think when you have an injury like this, sometimes the more you do it creates a little soreness. Then you have to back off a little bit then you can do a little bit more the next day. He’s worked every day this week and he’s made progress and we’re encouraged by the progress that he makes."
That's really good news, on the top 25 list I just made based on draft grades he's ranked 12. I don't know if they would take him but I wouldn't be disappointed. We could really use someone that could get consistent push in the middle.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
That's really good news, on the top 25 list I just made based on draft grades he's ranked 12. I don't know if they would take him but I wouldn't be disappointed. We could really use someone that could get consistent push in the middle.

At this point, I think the pick would be panned and many of the fans here would be mad, but I always take a wait-and-see approach with players. If the Cowboys end up feeling he's worthy of the pick, who knows if they would be right.

I view it like the Travis Frederick pick. Fans and so-called experts ridiculed the choice, but what did they know. I'm hoping that Barmore proves worthy of the pick and we take him or we trade down and take him where we fill he's worth. But I will understand if we don't do that as well. We could have him anywhere from early teens to late first round on our draft board.

morasp

Reaction score
At this point, I think the pick would be panned and many of the fans here would be mad, but I always take a wait-and-see approach with players. If the Cowboys end up feeling he's worthy of the pick, who knows if they would be right.

I view it like the Travis Frederick pick. Fans and so-called experts ridiculed the choice, but what did they know. I'm hoping that Barmore proves worthy of the pick and we take him or we trade down and take him where we fill he's worth. But I will understand if we don't do that as well. We could have him anywhere from early teens to late first round on our draft board.
It doesn't matter to me. It took a few seasons for Lawrence to develop which is the case for most edge guys not named Bosa but he's been a quality starter for us and people complain about him all the time. We were terrible against the run last year and I would probably take Barmore wiitha trade back and look at someone like Shelvin later on.

Last edited: