Four spots mean nothing, right?

Mannix

Reaction score
For all of the ill advised who believed that The Clapping Carrot was correct in pulling out the stops to win the Philly game, think again. All of the draft experts are claiming that the 1st round is really only 15 deep...four (4) spots DOES mean something, and winning that game at all costs was a brain dead move by a brain dead coach.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I think we only dropped 3 spots 16 to 19. But I agree, I didn't want the Cowboys to win. I didn't expect them to roll over, but I do wish they would have played the back ups and was hoping they would come up short.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hey look, a stupid argument for throwing games again. I wonder if any of the players taken at 19 or after end up better that the four guys taken 15-18? I guess we'll see.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I think we only dropped 3 spots 16 to 19. But I agree, I didn't want the Cowboys to win. I didn't expect them to roll over, but I do wish they would have played the back ups and was hoping they would come up short.

I would have been happy with us ending that game in a 0-0 draw. I know that we played like crap, and that the Eagles played like crap. Neither team had a reason to win that game. However, a 0-0 draw would've benefited both teams. It's a winning record for us still, but it means that we have 1 less win which could've benefited us tonight. Therefore, I would've actually played that game to do everything to end that game 0-0. If we give up points, so be it, but at least do nothing to get us points.

GreenMean69

Reaction score
Yup, all the more reason the final score should've been 0-0 instead of 6-0.

We took Marcus Smith that year .... after Packers took Dix , they traded back. Obviously there were some great players on the board ... just not on the Eagles. I think they freaked out when he went right before they picked. HaHa even come out before draft and said he wants to be an Eagle. Chip Kelly really really screwed up , but that was the beginning of the end for him. Funny thing was out of spite Chip did not give the kid a chance . WHen he did , he played him out of position. I think he could of been a very decent player ... but not after the crap he went through and Chip messing with his mind

Big_D

Reaction score
At least they had a winning season, gotta pad that win percentage!! lol That win was almost as magical as 2010. Now those were some great wins.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
We took Marcus Smith that year .... after Packers took Dix , they traded back. Obviously there were some great players on the board ... just not on the Eagles. I think they freaked out when he went right before they picked. HaHa even come out before draft and said he wants to be an Eagle. Chip Kelly really really screwed up , but that was the beginning of the end for him. Funny thing was out of spite Chip did not give the kid a chance . WHen he did , he played him out of position. I think he could of been a very decent player ... but not after the crap he went through and Chip messing with his mind

Well, maybe something like that will be the beginning of the end for Garrett lol.

GreenMean69

Reaction score
At least they had a winning season, gotta pad that win percentage!! lol That win was almost as magical as 2010. Now those were some great wins.

It was more then just winning a meaningless game for padding. Yes they screwed up but not using game to its fullest potential by using more backups and players with question marks. But after last season they needed it to evaluate the starters as well. Some people were probably playing for their jobs , so a tank job was out of the question. As fans we all want our team to do whats best for its future. 4 spots lower sounds really good but worth the **** storm that would of come with a tank job ? It would be different IMO if it put you in the top 10 because drop off from there is big. But being out of top 10 anyway , not sure it matters much.

GreenMean69

Reaction score
Well, maybe something like that will be the beginning of the end for Garrett lol.

All you can do is dream brother. The problem with getting rid of the Mad Clapper is a few things. Who do you get to replace him ? Jerry being such a hands on owner turns a lot of potential coaches off . With that being said , finding another puppet could mean a HC worse then Clappy the Clown. Jerry does like Winners Like the Great Jimmy Johnson

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
All you can do is dream brother. The problem with getting rid of the Mad Clapper is a few things. Who do you get to replace him ? Jerry being such a hands on owner turns a lot of potential coaches off . With that being said , finding another puppet could mean a HC worse then Clappy the Clown. Jerry does like Winners Like the Great Jimmy Johnson

That's true. Though, I'm personally hoping for Chris Peterson of UWashington or David Shaw of Stanford.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

Besides, who'd have thought that Peterson would've been a good idea for you guys? Maybe we end up getting a coach like that where nobody would've thought to look.

Big_D

Reaction score
It was more then just winning a meaningless game for padding. Yes they screwed up but not using game to its fullest potential by using more backups and players with question marks. But after last season they needed it to evaluate the starters as well. Some people were probably playing for their jobs , so a tank job was out of the question. As fans we all want our team to do whats best for its future. 4 spots lower sounds really good but worth the **** storm that would of come with a tank job ? It would be different IMO if it put you in the top 10 because drop off from there is big. But being out of top 10 anyway , not sure it matters much.

Not a tank job, but you're evaluating younger guys, getting Rush some time. If you win great. Not going all out for a crap W. It's moronic. Elliott had more carries in that game than he did in the playoffs and against the Seahawks??? lol When you're season is over it's all about today. Couldn't win at home against Seattle when it counts, but you pull out that one? Makes no sense at all. What storm? It's the smart move.

GreenMean69

Reaction score
Not a tank job, but you're evaluating younger guys, getting Rush some time. If you win great. Not going all out for a crap W. It's moronic. Elliott had more carries in that game than he did in the playoffs and against the Seahawks??? lol When you're season is over it's all about today. Couldn't win at home against Seattle when it counts, but you pull out that one? Makes no sense at all. What storm? It's the smart move.

The Zeke thing was about getting his 1k yards which he missed anyway .

vlad

Reaction score
Seems to mean a lot right now, lol. Edwards was either the top or 2nd rated LB in the draft, then a supposed drop-off.