News: FOX: Jerry Jones responds to Troy Aikmans criticism

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Jerry is such a clown. He is actually equating his football acumen to Troy Aikman. A HOF QB vs an oil guy. He is such a delusional old fool.

I dislike Jerry more than ever.

birdwells1

Reaction score
"Can you think of anybody… who would understand that more than me? I did everything and anything I could to get to live the life I live and that’s to be involved in everything from socks to jocks that there is with the Dallas Cowboys.”

Till someone else put's their ALL on the line they including Troy need to shut up...in reference to GM.

Dallas Cowboys fans most ungrateful fans ever.

HOF'er Jerry Jones! Love this Man!
Why was Jerry inducted into the HoF? Was it for contributions to the nfl such as merchandising, contracts with the nflpa or was it for his work as a gm assembling Superbowl after Superbowl teams?

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
LOL. What an idiotic response from Jerry.

Yo Jerry, there are dozens of other owners that also invested a lot in buying their teams but were smart enough to realize their football knowledge is limited and brought in people to try to make them a winning franchise. You are really the only owner other than the late Al Davis that believes that only the owner can shape the football direction of the franchise.

23 years of total futility would tell smarter men than you that what is being done isn't working. All Jerry did was prove Aikman right............... he's a stubborn control freak.
Except Al Davis was actually good as a GM in his earlier years. The Raiders were competitive through the 70s and 80s. Jerruh rode Jimmy Johnson's genius and the team fell apart in less than 3 years after he left.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
it is what it is and he is not going to change the old man has pretty much trashed the dallas cowboys as a foot ball team that is about trying to win a championship its all about look at me and glitz and glamor and money

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Jerry, for all his bad choices over the years, not only has a right, but he’s not your typical owner. He has a football background at a high level. That’s more than most GMs have. He also has the business experience that most of them depend upon. Jerry didn’t make his money building a burger empire.

He had and has every right to be the gm and decision maker. That said, he also should have fired himself or hired someone to mentor him for a few years.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Jerry values money much more than wins on the football field.

You can't seriously believe that. If there were no salary cap, I can assure you the Cowboys would have the highest payroll in the NFL. And it would dwarf the Yankee's payroll. Jerry already said that he doesn't even know how much he would spend to get super bowl.

No one, and I repeat no one, wants a Cowboy super bowl more than Jerry Jones. The cap is the only thing holding Jerry back from overspending serious coin.

Kaiser

Reaction score
No one, and I repeat no one, wants a Cowboy super bowl more than Jerry Jones. The cap is the only thing holding Jerry back from overspending serious coin.

Exactly. Jerry just spent more on their practice facility than some teams spend for their annual budget

MikeT22

Reaction score
"Can you think of anybody… who would understand that more than me? I did everything and anything I could to get to live the life I live and that’s to be involved in everything from socks to jocks that there is with the Dallas Cowboys.”

Till someone else put's their ALL on the line they including Troy need to shut up...in reference to GM.

Dallas Cowboys fans most ungrateful fans ever.

HOF'er Jerry Jones! Love this Man!

...and hasn't been to a Super Bowl or Conferece championship game in nearly 25 years due to his ego and refusal to hire a real coach with real power.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
You can't seriously believe that. If there were no salary cap, I can assure you the Cowboys would have the highest payroll in the NFL. And it would dwarf the Yankee's payroll. Jerry already said that he doesn't even know how much he would spend to get super bowl.

And we still wouldn't win any SB because of Jerry's interference and puppet coaches. If he really wanted to win he would see that 24 years of him being in charge hasn't worked.

kramskoi

Reaction score
The hubris, arrogance and clueless behavior continues. I wonder if I made a list of all the other owners in the NFL that also wear the GM/Head Coach/PR cap would it be longer than the number of fingers on a mutilated hand. The man has learned NOTHING in the 25 years that the team has been irrelevant on the national stage. Less than nothing...and what's worse, it may have worn off on his son as well, judging by his statements this year.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Troy has been feeling himself too much lately. Last week he even went after Mahomes for no reason.
IMG-2019-12-17-21-13-42.jpg

Skillit

Reaction score
Ya gotta give Jerry credit for not making any type of personal attacks on Troy. Most people would, after being criticized that way. Not that Troy was wrong, or even that he was wrong to say it. Just saying ya gotta give Jerry some props for not turning this into a distraction.

I think Jerry wants Troy to be a coach or have some advisory role. Well , he think he does. He wants the idea of Troy in the organization but when Aikman actually makes a decision and tells Jerry to stuff it......well, you know how that will go.